THE FINE PRINT:
- Our warranty is pretty simple: if you break it, we will repair or replace it. We will not question the validity of your warranty claim for a broken knife, handles, sheath, clip plate or hardware. Warranty is lifetime and transferable. In other words, we warranty these products no matter how many times they have been traded, sold or given away – no sales receipt or proof of purchase required. We must have these products returned to validate a warranty claim.
- ESEE KNIVES ARE NOT THROWING KNIVES! They are hardened to a higher Rockwell than throwing knives and will most likely break if thrown, possibly harming the user. So, do yourself and your ESEE knife a favor and DO NOT throw it. Using any knife not meant to be thrown as a throwing knife is idiotic! We would rather idiots not buy our knives.
- We do not warranty against rust, normal wear and tear, loss, or theft. If you need replacement handles, sheaths, clip plates or hardware due to loss or normal wear, please visit our store.
- We do not warranty consumables found in our survival kits.
- Our carbon steel knives are made from 1095 High Carbon Steel. And while 1095 is a top choice for professional field knives, it will rust and stain if not properly cared for – especially on the cutting edge and around the laser engraving. It is the user’s responsibility to keep the blades properly lubricated and cleaned. It is normal for the coating to wear with use.
- Our stainless knives are warrantied just like our carbon steel knives. However, we advise that because they are hardened to a higher Rockwell hardness than our carbon steel knives, they are easier to break if you pry with them.
- This no-questions-asked warranty only applies to ESEE Knives and EXPAT Knives. All Avispa and Zancudo folder warranty requests must go to Blueridge Knives (not ESEE Knives), since we do not manufacture these products.
SUBMITTING A WARRANTY CLAIM:
Our warranty is to repair or replace knives and products rendered unserviceable and unusable by damage and breakage. We do not warranty against normal wear and tear, such as worn or scratched coating, dull edge, lost hardware, etc. Only the exact model and color of knife sent in will be repaired or replaced, unless that model has been discontinued and out of stock. If you return a knife that is not covered under warranty then we are not responsible for return shipping to you. If you are unsure whether your knife has a warranty issue then we suggest you contact us before returning the knife. If you are sure you have a warranty issue, then complete the form below when you are ready to return your knife.
If you are submitting a warranty claim from outside the United States, then email us for instructions (this is ONLY for non-domestic warranty claims).
Note: after completing this form you will receive an email that contains the submitted form, you must print this email and enclose it in the box with the damaged product you are returning. If you fail to do this then it will delay your warranty claim.
All ESEE branded knives must be returned using USPS Priority Mail with tracking to the following address: Rowen Manufacturing • 1280 Kohler Way • Idaho Falls, ID 83401. Please keep your tracking number since this is your proof that we received the knife. The return knife will be mailed to you USPS, no signature required. Please provide a secure mailing address for your return.
If you are requesting warranty on any other product, such as Expat Knives or a piece of gear, contact us before shipping the defective product since we have two separate warranty locations: one for ESEE branded knives and one for other brands and gear.