The ESEE PR4 is Patrick Rollins’ take on Horace Kephart’s classic design. The original prototype was made by James Gibson and has been tested extensively by Patrick during survival classes, off-trail backpacking, hiking and camping over the last 18 months. The Rowen built production PR4 features a 4″ blade with a 4.75″ handle, 1/8″ thick 1095 HC steel blade, 90 degree spine for striking a Ferro rod and a leather pouch sheath. It may not be pretty but it is designed to work, like all the other ESEE Knives. Now available from authorized ESEE dealers.
- Overall Length: 8.90”
- Blade Overall Length: 4.19”
- Cutting Edge Length: 4.0”
- Thickness: .125”
- Weight (without sheath): 6.3 oz.
- Steel: 1095 Carbon, 55-57 Rc.
- Blade Finish: Tumbled Black Oxide
- Handles: Sculptured Micarta
- Sheath: Leather Pouch