Truck gun/Home defense/farm gun

Discussion in 'Shooting & Fireams Training / Skills' started by RedEyedHog, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Solo

Solo Member

I got the Mohave Green and Red in my local. I have had plenty of run ins with Diamondbacks and I was cool with two sticks. Rarely have they been aggressive and coming at me. A dozen run ins with Reds and they stayed put. The Greens you can’t take any chances with. No know cure. You got maybe two minutes to call your loved one and say goodbye.

Now I venture with the bold dog in the sticks. I not going to take any chances on anything smaller than the 12g semi to protect my best friend.

2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Moderator of the Century Staff Member

CroFab works on the Mojave Green bites from what I have read. They are not doubt highly venomous. That said you will always have more than a couple of minutes, even with a nip from more neurotoxic elapids (the Green is approaching the venomous'ness of many elapids from the reading I did) allows time for management of the hit. Guy was bit by an Inland Taipan just north of here (not a native to the area, being kept as a "pet") and he made it even after pontificating a little about calling an ambulance. Snake Catcher that attended to ID the snake for the medical staff said that even his blood ran a little cold when he saw what it was.

I too care for my pups and snakes are one of my biggest worries....I live in town here and only 30mins ago whacked a Red Belly Black on my front stairs...scared the bejesus out of me as it is cooling off here and they should be all away for winter now !!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    IW17, Strigidae and Solo like this.