Discussion in 'Overlanding / Off-Road' started by Allen Morrison, Feb 6, 2019.
Just remember when your on an adventure your mechanic wont be around so learn as much as you can
Oh and put on a battery blanket
Hey @R Stowe have you ever messed with vehicle torque app for android
Not first hand but I have a buddy that uses/used it on his truck with a plug in.
Yeah that’s why I’m shooting for an older one, day early 90s. Hoping I can pick up the basics quickly.
What kind of truck does he have
Let me expand on the diesel vs gas thing just for a second.
1. Our suburban has a button on the shifter for towing a trailer. Basically, you have cruise, or power.
My 350 has a similar button. You have power, or more power.
2. Towing with a gasser, you notice a change in your speed and performance when confronting a headwind.
In a diesel, sometimes you don't realize how much of a headwind you're in until you look at the fuel gauge, because you're still clipping along at 70, pulling an 8,000 pound trailer.
3. On a gasser, you buy your oil when you change it in quarts.
I buy rotella in gallons. Plural.
4. Off road, a gasser responds quicker on the pedal. A diesel is sluggish, needs a little running start on the approach, and then self identifies as an Abrams tank.
5. What you paid for your car parts is the same amount as the sales tax on the diesel parts.
6. With a gasser, your mechanic makes a living. A diesel allows him to enjoy multiple hobbies on his weekends.
And Ive had multiple opportunities to sell mine, and the answer is always no.
17 years old and pushing 400,000 miles now.
Ok...sorry for the derailing...
But I gotta add, that truck is looking really sweet. That is a farm boy's deer hunting, hay hauling, feed getting, red neck woman bait truck right there.
Lol not quite going for the redneck path but thanks
Dodge 3500. Not sure on year, maybe a 2012 or so.
What’s up? As far as I know he still uses it. That’s his long towing trip truck.
Thinking of buying the app and putting it on an android tablet for my truck
Cool. I think he’s happy with it.
Can you ask him if he has customized his?
Wait what.... you mean there is an engine in something that does NOT run on diesel ????? Tar and Feathers is what we keep on hand for anyone who deviates....
What functionality are you looking for out of the Torque app? I've used it in the past.
Well I want it for when we go camping as a family and pull the camper. I want to be able to monitor my truck a little closer then what the gauge cluster let's you.
Something like this prtotects your front end, and front corners. Already set up for aux lights and a winch