FS: Leupold VX-1 2-7x28mm rimfire scope (emergency sale to fund a camping trip)

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by Stone, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Stone

Stone Member

I've been planning this sale for a month, but suddenly, it's become urgent. I want one more camping trip (next week) up near Katahdin before snow flies (in November) after 5 years of no camping (it's a long, sad, sad story -- but I'll spare you). I had saved money for it, but an unexpected expense is threatening the trip.

This is my beloved Leupold rimfire scope that's adorned three .22 LR rifles over the years. I sold all -- another long story about why -- but was holding onto this for use on a .223 bolt action. But I'm moving to a country in the UK next year (Scotland), and no gun ownership will be possible for me there.

So, since camping in Maine is more important to me than anything right now -- especially since winter is coming -- and I need some extra cash to make it happen, here goes.

This scope in matte black is going for $184 on Optics Planet sans rings. This one comes with a set of Weavers in the original box. I've babied this scope, taken such good care of it. The optics are crystal clear, and it's clean and scratch free. And it's a Leupold.

I am hoping for $135 with the rings, free shipping in the lower 48 US. (I can ship it Monday before I leave for camp.) That seems a reasonable price for this scope, given the care I've given it.

But camping is important, and I don't have time for Ebay, and this is my forum home, so I'll negotiate a reasonable price if I must. If you don't like $135, post or PM your offer. I'll consider all reasonable offers.

Help me get back up to Nahmakanta (12 mi south of Mt Katahdin).

Please. My sanity depends on it, and winter is coming ...

Leupold 01.JPG Leupold 02.JPG Leupold 03.JPG IMG_2085.JPG

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    ManOfSteel, Allen Morrison and Zeek like this.
  2. Stone

Stone Member

I just caught a stupid mistake when I posted last night -- and corrected it: I didn't specify the full name/model of the scope correctly in the title for this thread. I'll use color to indicate what I left out.

Leupold VX-1 2-7x28mm rimfire scope

That is, it's a variable power scope 2X to 7X with a 28 mm lens = sweet. It's a fine duplex reticle, matt black, SKU 113872.

You'll find it here on Leupold's site.
    ______

Also, I thought I'd throw in a few photos of the camp I'm trying to get to. But I decided to start another thread. I'll post the link here shortly.

Update: link

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  3. Stone

Stone Member

Not getting any bites here -- not surprising, since not many are looking for a scope like this -- so I'm going to start an Ebay listing today: Buy It Now for $125 shipped. An identical scope sold for that recently, the lowest price of any completed Ebay purchases for this model, even used. Most went for considerably higher. But I need this to be on a fast track so I can get to Nahmakanta. Fortunately, my meteorologist colleague sees unseasonably warm, dry weather for the remainder of the month.

4. Buckhenry

Buckhenry Member

PM sent

Stone likes this.
  5. Stone

Stone Member

Sale in progress ... Will soon be sold. :)

Zeek likes this.
  6. Stone

Stone Member

Sold!

Zeek likes this.
  7. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Good. Now make sure you take lots of pictures while camping.

Buckhenry, Stone and Zeek like this.
  8. Stone

Stone Member

:) Deal! Will do. I'm carrying both cams, and bought two extra batts for my main one (total of 4 for it, but with six total with the older pocket cam).

You did see my thread about my last trip, right? If not, click on Nahmakanta in my sig line. You guys need to come visit next year before I head across the pond. ;)

Zeek likes this.