weapon lights

Discussion in 'Shooting & Fireams Training / Skills' started by junglebum, Jun 29, 2020.

1. junglebum

junglebum Member

just got an AR my first one, was always more of a bolt gun and shotgun guy or the classics m1 carbine mini 14 or 30 and such but my dept uses Ar and after getting followed from work by some Antifa/BLM scum....(lost them after about 3 miles) I decided it was time for a battle rifle that both me and the wife can shoot. My question is if anyone has a recommendation for a decent weapon light that doesnt break the bank I had thought just to get a vikings tactics mount and a 1" diameter fenix or something and run that but I know that some people on here "operate" so I thought i might get opinions on whats good bad and ugly

Zeek likes this.
  2. Frigin

Frigin Member

image.jpg image.jpg I have used and abused it and she’s still kicking.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    junglebum likes this.
  3. Rich275

Rich275 Member

Depending on what's available, all from Streamlight.
    ProTac Railmount 2 HL X, Railmount 2, TLR RM 2. You'll still need some sort of short rail section to attach the light to the gun itself.
    A VTAC ring and handheld is still a good choice, but if you're buying something new, there are so many better and newer options. I like and recommend the Streamlights due to their value, but they also include a remote pressure switch option, which means the light has more places you can put it on the gun.
    This is something I teach, so please reach out with questions.

junglebum likes this.
  4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Sucks to get old......I remember mounts for Maglites (D Cell) on firearms.....and they were considered state of the art.....

5. Mannlicher

Mannlicher Member

I use both Surefire and Streamlifht

junglebum likes this.