The MEGA Fire Toob

Discussion in 'DIY (Do It Yourself)' started by Bushman5, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

repurposed an old Fenix flashlight body. The outside is wrapped with wax soaked jute, there is a 10" long x 3/4" round piece of fatwood, Sam Wilson Blaser mega firesteel and scraper. Tube is o ring sealed and waterproof to about 50 feet for extended periods of time. (O ring sealed, fine threads sealed with silicone grease)

[​IMG]

both ends have caps that remove. One end has 7 pieces of 1" x 6' of my MEGA TINDER ROLL (M.T.R.) .[​IMG] .

I used some vinyl caps that fit snugly into the tube to separate into different chambers

[​IMG]

the other end has 25 STORMMATCHES and striker pads

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as well as a length of 2000lb test Type 9 kevlar braid (waxed to prevent fraying during use) bow fire drill cord.

[​IMG]

the end cap on that side has a three wick candle poured into it. Its handy to light a candle first as its a steady supply of flame. Or perhaps you need some light to prep your fire lay......or maybe just a little heat to warm your hands enough to prep your fire

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    IW17, Switchblade, Datilite and 7 others like this.
  2. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

That's very cool Bushy

Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I may machine an aluminum insert for the other end cap, and drill it to accept a 3/8" fire steel.