Small Party Rescue

Discussion in 'Search, Rescue and Technical Skills' started by Jeff Randall, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Spent the day with Kevin and Jason practicing small party rescue techniques (diminishing loop hauls, buddy rappels, mainline break-ins, take-down rappels, etc.)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Kevo, StrawBunyan, JV3 and 4 others like this.
  2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I have an old pic I will scan and post....but it highlights that you need to be "good friends" with the person you are rescuing given the physical proximity at times !!

Looks like a good course, this mandatory training for the group (rock face) management courses I did years ago. No point taking a group out if you can't recover one that has screwed up. I did it "the hard way" years ago (mid-80s) when guy got hung up just over an edge when he pulled the rope up over the waist on his figure eight locking himself solid, all you could see was the top of his head and his legs were in open air as it was only one metre of rock and then a cave...he was a big guy and I had to make it up as I went along....got him back up about 5cm at a time....

Kevo, StrawBunyan and mtngoat like this.