RECYCLED FIREFIGHTER WALLETS REVIEW

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by GaryMc, Sep 13, 2016.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

RECYCLED FIREFIGHTER WALLETS

Love the Rookie wallets by Recycled Firefighter, fairly minimal, great in the pocket, the rubber band keeps them closed well and helps keep pickpockets out, and these can be loaded up when needed. I carry 4 cards on the right, 4 ID's on the left plus my extra cash stash, and my day to day cash on the outside. You don't worry about credit cards falling out of these, particularly as you access cash since you aren't opening them. These are small & ride great in the front or back pocket. Just my favorite wallet. These have held up well a few months in. In the photo below, firehose versions on top, 2 of the combat boot leather versions at the bottom.

THE ROOKIE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THE CAPTAIN - I personally like the more minimalist The Rookie better but find this full feature wallet nice when traveling or when I need more room. Slots for cash, receipts, cards, and an ID pane. These are large but thin so unless you load it up it rides really great in the pocket. The Captain on the left next to The Rookie.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They also make a very minimalist version call The Sergeant I haven't tried, a little too minimalist to me. Again mine have held up great to date. Jake with Recycled Firefighter is excellent to deal with and ships extremely fast. Inventory comes and goes so you may have to keep checking for availability dependent on color. I have personally tried virtually every tactical wallet out there, Maxpedition, Vanquest, 3 versions of SpecOps, etc. All stayed in my pocket a short time, many went back as just too large or bulky. With these I hit on something I loved. Time will tell how durable but so far so good. The quality seems excellent.

RECYCLED FIREFIGHTER AT: http://recycledfirefighter.com

FROM RECYCLED FIREFIGHTER ON THE ROOKIE $39

A Minimalist Bifold Wallet designed to be super thin and comfortable for front pocket carry. The Rookie Front Pocket Bifold Wallet holds up to 12 credit cards and is made from REAL FIRE HOSE. Sewn with Mil-Spec materials this bifold is a game changer, not only because there are no other wallets like it, but because its simple design works flawlessly.

• Made from Decommissioned Polyester Fire Hose
      • Sewn with T-90 nylon thread
      • Edged with 1" Mil-Spec Nylon Ribbon
      • Slim yet durable
      • Holds 8-12 cards
      • 1.5" Elastic Cash Strap on exterior (cash folded into thirds)
      • High quality Full Grain 3 ounce leather
    FROM RECYCLED FIREFIGHTER ON THE CAPTAIN $49

This Mens Wallet is sewn just a tad wider so it'll lay flatter in your back pocket. This allows the wallet to be a TON more comfortable while you're sitting down. Double stitched military grade webbing. 1000D Cordura interior. Super thick clear ID window for drivers license. Holds 15 cards and 20 bills.

After nearly 13 months of development I have finally designed an incredible and more traditional bifold wallet. Would you believe me if I told you that I have over 50 failed attempts at this wallet? You would imagine that after several years of sewing fire hose I would just bang out a wallet like this with no problem. The problem is Fire Hose is so thick and hard to work with that it really does take a TON of trial and error before you get it right, well I am also somewhat of a perfectionist so that doesn't help!

"The Captain" has USA made 1000D Cordura for the interior card slots and I have DOUBLE SEWN the 1" binding on each section of this wallet. The ID window is made from 40 Gauge vinyl (over twice as thick as what is standard) and the Captains design is built a tad wider then normal so it spreads out the thickness when loaded so it'll feel more comfortable in your back pocket. Yes this is a BACK POCKET wallet, and has the traditional cash pocket so you can bifold your bills.

Obviously these are all proudly MADE IN THE USA!

• Fits 12-15 cards
      • Holds up to 20 bills
      • Double Stitched with size 90 Nylon Thread
      • Edged with 1" Military Spec Binding
      • 1000D Cordura Nylon Interior
      • 100% Made in the U.S.A. in small batches
      • 40 Gauge Clear Vinyl ID Window
    FROM RECYCLED FIREFIGHTER ON THE SERGEANT $29

Slim, Durable, USA Made Credit Card Wallet That Is Sewn To Last and Super Comfortable as a Font Pocket Wallet. The Sergeant Wallet is designed to be carried comfortably in your front pocket. Made to last a lifetime and sewn with Real Fire Hose, this slim wallet comes with a Valiant Fire Service History. Proudly Made In The U.S.A.

Over the last 3 years this wallet has been my #1 Top Seller. Actually I sell 2 "Sergeant Front Pocket Wallets" for 1 of every other style of wallet. I think this speaks to the uniqueness and quality that this wallet brings to the table.

Most men email me and say "I forget I even have a wallet in my front pocket most of the time", which I love to hear! That's why this wallet only holds up to 8 cards, it really makes you slim down the credit cards you carry. This in turn keeps the unnecessary junk from making your wallet bulky for no reason.

• Made from Real Decommissioned Fire Hose
      • Sewn with T-90 nylon thread (15 lbs breaking strength)
      • Edged with 1" Mil-Spec Nylon Binding
      • Over 2,300 Five Star Reviews
      • Slim No Nonsense design
      • Virtually disappears in your front pocket
      • Easy access to receipts with the Elastic Band on back
      • Holds between 4-8 cards, some hose is tighter then others
      • 1.5" Mil-Spec Elastic Money Clip (cash folded into thirds)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    Rook52 likes this.
  2. Bcamos

Bcamos Member

Great write-up. I use a booth leather Sergeant and love it. I've been using it since the beginning of the year and it's worked out find.

GaryMc likes this.
  3. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

@Bcamos Thank you Sir!!!!! I may have to try a Sergeant at some point.

4. Rook52

Rook52 Member

I like the rookie, my wallet have to be thin. Great write up!

GaryMc likes this.
  5. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman Member

Good stuff. I use a black tarp Sargeant daily. Holds just enough cards and plenty of cash. Slim, doesnt take up much room in the pocket, and cards/cash are easily accessible. I tried a kydex wallet but keep going back to the Sargeant or a leather card slip with a money clip.

GaryMc likes this.
  6. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

Thanks for the review. I like minimalist. Currently I use a Saddleback front pocket wallet for my IDs and credit cards. I use a Ti money clip for cash and everyday cards like for my coffee shop and lunch reward programs.

I might try a Sgt in the future to replace the money clip.

GaryMc likes this.
  7. 91bravo

91bravo Guest

Love your reviews Gary! I saw you over on that other EDC forum! I'm gonna give this wallet a try next, looks so simple and sturdy!

GaryMc likes this.
  8. sneakypete

sneakypete Member

I like minimalist wallets myself. The rookie model looks perfect for my needs. Thanks for the detailed write up and pictures. Love how they are reusing old hoses.

GaryMc likes this.
  9. JAD

JAD Member

That firehose material is bombproof. Thanks for a good review Gary.