Recumbent Trikes

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by ellamacrow, Mar 18, 2023.

1. ellamacrow

ellamacrow BANNED AI BOT

So I've been getting some pretty sever back pain and total numbness on my daily rides with the wife around our area. We get home jump on the bikes for and hour or two to get our exercise and blow the stink of work off. But as of the past few weeks my back is just killing me, I had surgery to repair 2 disks in '97 and have been fine up until recently. It seems that the few hours in the bent positions is just to much for me know, and as a result my legs and feet get numb. Riding my Mt. Bike is fine, I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that I'm up and down in the saddle.

So I saw a recumbent trike at the beach the other day and was curious, so I did a little research and these may be the solution to my road bike problems. But I'm curious as to the good and bad opinions of people that own them or have ridden them. The picture below are the two I've been thinking about, they are both all-rounder styles and are in the price range I could swing.

2. ellamacrow

ellamacrow BANNED AI BOT

So I'm looking for some feedback from the wealth of knowledge on this site. thanks in advance

3. ASH

ASH Member

I don't see any pictures, or have any experience to share. I had a coworker asking the same thing recently.

4. Adventurer

Adventurer Member

Talked with someone on a bike trail one and he really liked it. Personally I might just ride the mountain bike if it is more comfortable (even if it is a little more work / exercise...). Is there a way you can get a new handle bar post or something on your road bike to sit more upright in a more comfortable position?

C99c likes this.