I was at the Advanced Bushcraft course in March and learned a lot. One of the many projects we covered was a bark sheath. My sheath at the course came out less than stellar, but I had to take another shot at it. I found a poplar sapling along a creek that had received some storm damage and decided to use it for the try stick challenge and to put the bark to use. I stripped it off and cut it into a few long pieces. After a number of days of drying, I rehydrated it in a bucket overnight. James Gibson noted that steps are necessary so that your final product doesn't shrink up beyond use. I used one strip to form the inner front and back layers. The back is doubled to allow a length cordage to be passed through for neck carry. Then I used the second piece to start a wrap between the two back layers at the tip of the knife, wrapped slightly overlapping layers towards the other end, tucked the other end of the second strip, and there you have it. It still had a bit more shrinking to do, but it's definitely usable for my Mora 2/0. This was just a tiny piece of what we learned. It was an awesome 3-day course. Here are a few pictures that I hope you can make sense of if my narrative made no sense.