Nissan xterra thoughts?

Discussion in 'Overlanding / Off-Road' started by Backwoods Runner, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Well I am up for a new vehicle, just took a new job with a pay cut (good for long term career goals). So I'm not looking to spend to much. There is a 07 4x4 xterra with 154000 miles on it for $6900, I'll get around 500 for my current vehicle on a trade in, if I can talk them down to around 5500 I may go for it. I know about the tranny cooler issues and if that hasn't been done on this rig yet I will do the bypass asap. Any experience with higher mileage xterras? From the carfax the previous owners seem to have taken it to a Nissan dealership for nearly everything.

2. Jeremiah Jones

Jeremiah Jones Member

My wife's got an '09. The air sensor valve stems in the tires are junk, seams like she ends up with a flat tire every few months because they start leaking. Other than that, no major issues.

Backwoods Runner likes this.
  3. Backwoods Runner

Backwoods Runner Member

Cool, been looking at them for a while and the conclusion seems to be if you can get over the gas milage and take care of them they will run forever. Going to look at a 2011 with just over a 100k today.

Jeremiah Jones likes this.