Morning walk

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by WOODSDEVIL, Oct 17, 2020.

1. WOODSDEVIL

WOODSDEVIL Member

Got out on a small hike early this morning after coffee. This is a small wilderness reserve area on the edge of my town. About 95 acres.

Portola found about 60 natives living here when he passed through in 1769. Sometimes blackened stones from their campfires wash out of the ground after a rain. the ground is littered with shell fragments from clams and shellfish harvested for 13,000 years and countless generations from the nearby bay.

I came across this track on the walk:

I *think* it probably belongs to a Bobcat. Small, about 1.5" diameter, round profile, round toes. Different than the usual canine tracks tracks left by the `Yote Dogs that reside here part time. Those dogs are funny. One day I was stalking quiet in these woods and kept hearing the slightest movement behind me in the Oak litter. I'd look and see nothing. Finally after a while, a Coyote broke and ran past me. he'd probably been watching me and curious what this silly human was up to. great stuff for sure!

JV3, Datilite, Rich275 and 2 others like this.
  2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Nice post sir. Like the history too.