Low quality image uploads?

Discussion in 'Forum Technical Issues' started by Klynesquatch, May 20, 2018.

1. Klynesquatch

Klynesquatch Member

Hey guys I'm noticing when I upload and image the quality goes to crap. Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong? Or suggestions on how I can remedy this?

2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

You may try an image hosting place thing to see if that better. Im sure some of the folks could give you a recommendation.

Klynesquatch likes this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

i use Google Photos to store my photos (and edit). You can organize photos into custom albums, download the albums to your computer and unzip / extract the files, then upload via the forum software.

no quality loss.

you can also use IMGUR

i use both.

4. Benson X

Benson X Member

I learned a neat trick with Google photos. Create a "Shared Album" to use for image hosting on the web. You don't actually have to share the album or link with anyone, just make sure you create it as a "Shared Album" and you can name it whatever you want.

Any pics that you add to that Shared Album allow you to post the Image URL on most any forum. You need to open the pic in the Shared Album, and then right-click on it to either "Copy the Image Address", "Copy Image URL" or "Open image in a new tab/window" and manually grab the URL.

You can then paste that Image URL in the forum using the 'Insert Image' button:
    [​IMG]
    Paste the Image URL that you copied and it should appear in the forum as the original full-sized resolution image that you saved in Google Photos.

Example photo:
    [​IMG]

BONUS tip - you can manually change the image size by changing the values in the end of the Image URL. Where "W" equals pixel width and "H" equals pixel height.

Same pics as above, but I changed the W and H values to (w)320x(h)240 as an example:
    [​IMG]

Klynesquatch and Bushman5 like this.
  5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Google Artificial Intelligence ! it may be the arrival of Terminator Bots, but dear god Google has its poop together with its photo A.I.

Benson X likes this.
  6. Klynesquatch

Klynesquatch Member

Perfect thanks guys! I've been uploading from Samsung photos but I'll give google photos a try