Hunting with your kids

Discussion in 'Hunting and Fishing' started by The Marsh Gorilla, Nov 25, 2022.

1. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

CE5DA167-E37E-42B3-81BA-A590EC0D7977.jpeg Hopefully she’ll be a good luck charm and not scare everything away lol! Never thought I’d have more kids in my 40’s to do this all over again, it’s amazing how the kids getting interested relit my fire for hunting.

Nowhere, ASH, anrkst6973 and 7 others like this.
  2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Godson with his first rabbit....

[​IMG]

...... I would need to go some figuring out when this was but he is an adult now, has his own business and has bought his first house..... damn I feel old. He had been hunting with me and his Dad for a good many trips before this.....

[​IMG]

C99c, Strigidae, Adventurer and 2 others like this.
  3. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

My kid takes me hunting now.

Assisted living is approaching rapidly I suspect.

C99c, Strigidae and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

….. my appraisal is that he will not allow you to degenerate that far or suffer such indignity. This leads me to believe a nasty fall from the rock wall will be the mercy you seek.

5. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

How old is he now?

As we approached prime time she decided it was nap time lol. I was impressed she was this into going since she’s not even 5 yet.
    F6C8B235-3205-462E-A85D-2AF4B4BE0686.jpeg E4C3DF26-4EE4-49A4-815C-3D0FD112EC8A.jpeg 90082014-AEB1-444C-BEE7-6AD092BC053E.jpeg

Nowhere, Bozho, anrkst6973 and 7 others like this.
  6. T.A.

T.A. Member

Those are all really cool pics. I miss taking my sons hunting when they were young. Was supposed to take my 15 yr old daughter over the thanksgiving holidays but the weather had other plans lol. We gonna try again in a couple weeks.

The Marsh Gorilla and anrkst6973 like this.
  7. borrowed time

borrowed time Member

The best time I ever had with my 2 boys. My older son is high functioning special needs, so when it was time to start to teach him I had a plan. I got him a toy rifle and took him out hunting with me, I think he was maybe 8 or so. I would watch him close and gently guide him on gun safety. At times I would say I thought I heard a bunny in a thicket and he would go in and make gun noises. We would only be out long enough to get him tired. On the drive home he would fall asleep, and when we got home we would have hot chocolate and a snack. He will turn 26 this month, he's worked hard at the jobs he's gotten and has come far on his journey, I credit the scouts for a lot of his successes. We haven't hunted in a few years and I miss being out with them both. I can close my eyes and still see my little hunting buddy with the plastic gun shooting those invisible rabbits......

My youngest also was a joy to take hunting and we made great memories. He greatly enjoyed being in the mountains and hunting rabbit and Squirrel. He's 21 now and only has a year left of college, has been doing his own thing and been busy with school and work. Im so proud of who he's become and being his own man. He was the one that always wanted to try eating whatever we harvested on a hunt to get the full experience.

My health has gone down hill due to a major aneurysm, R.A., Ffibromyagia, chronic back pain and breathing issues so I can't hunt the mountains anymore. I had to move to S.D. and my kids & wife are in C.O. and hopefully they might move here. I do want to buy my boys deer tags and take one last deer hunt with them here.

I'm a very lucky dad to have been able to spend those important years with my boys and I treasure the memories of that time. Whatever happens in the future, I'll have those until the Norns cut my thread and I'm called to Vahalla.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.