Hot tents?

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Boker55, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Boker55

Boker55 Member

Anyone have a hot tent they recommend? Weight doesn’t really matter as I don’t plan on carrying it on my back. I’ve been looking at the Luxe Hiking Megahorn, or maybe even a canvas wall tent. I’m leaning more towards a wall tent due to the increased space on the inside as I want to be able to comfortably hold 4 people. Anyone have anything they’d recommend?

2. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

Boker55 likes this.
  3. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Kodiak Canvas and add a heater. I cannot say enough good things about my Kodiak Canvas tent.

Boker55 likes this.
  4. Ravenous12

Ravenous12 Member

Second this. I have a 9x8 and a 10x14. A buddy propane heater in them and its plenty warm. Never had a hint of condensation.

5. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

If you are planning for 4 adults I would recommend avoiding the 10x10. While the diagram of the floor plan says it should work. Due to the slope of the walls fitting full height cots becomes a problem. If you are using short cots or sleeping on the floor then you shouldn’t have a problem thou.

6. Boker55

Boker55 Member

Do any of the kodiak tents have stove jacks? I’m wanting to use a wood stove.

7. Ravenous12

Ravenous12 Member

You can sew or cloth glue in a stove jack, but they dont come with them. Unless you are going to be out a very long time, I found it hard to justify the woodstove. A 11lb propane cylinder lasts me 7 nights in the winter. Plus the woodstove is way heavier than the buddy heater and tank. Note that the small titanium wood stoves like the ones that come with the kifaru tents have an extremely low burn time. You have to feed them constantly.

8. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@Boker55 No they do not come with one. I googled it and here are a few I spotted.
    IMO.. Adding one is well worth it based on the quality of the tent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eric Kendrick and Boker55 like this.
  9. Ravenous12

Ravenous12 Member

Those pictures remind me of another reason I nixed the woodstove idea- it takes up too much room to be safe. The buddy heater can pretty much be anywhere. I actually put the hose out the bottom of the zipper and put the tank outside the tent.

DirtySouth likes this.
  10. DirtySouth

DirtySouth Member

Go with a Kifaru or Seek Outside tipi tent.

11. KineKilla

KineKilla Banned Spammer

I've used the FireHiking LEVA hot tent a few times now, and I've been pretty impressed with it. It's a great value for the price, and it's easy to set up and take down. I've used it in both hot and cold weather, and it's always kept me comfortable. The only downside is that it can be a little cramped for four people, but it's perfect for two or three people.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023