Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. JV3

JV3 Member

you're missing out on cashback by not having credit card/s not to mention the extra fraud protection...money doesn't get taken out of your bank account until you actually write a check/schedule a transfer to pay that credit card off...good luck trying to get the bank to return money that was already withdrawn. i have the same text alerts with my banks but regardless money was already taken out of the account.

with amazon prime card for example, i get 5% back what i spend on their site, 2% back on gas & restaurants and 1% back on anything else...i know i'll spend x amount on groceries and gas every month anyway regardless and can pay cash but if i use their card i get a certain % back...i don't care if they know i bought 20 gallons of gas, 5 cans of spam and 3 bottles of whiskey last month.

if you still want to stick to bank account/debit cards only...at least split them into two or more banks...have your paychecks deposited into a primary account (never write checks or withdraw from it with an atm) and transfer money into the secondary account for public use. sorry for the rant but being in the finance world for awhile now i've seen how easily data gets breached and people lose their life savings due to simple mistakes.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Delkancott, ASH, IW17 and 1 other person like this.
  2. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

We do have multiple accounts within our bank and a separate account at a different bank. We use Huntington and they are awesome. My wife had her debit card info stolen a few months ago and the idiot used it to pay his water bill in Gary Indiana (we are in NW OH and do not know anyone in Indiana). We got the alert. Wife called the bank. We had the money back in our account in 3 days

3. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

The family has been preparing for a epic long distance move and new jobs. We almost where at t minus 60 days then we found out the start dates got pushed out 60 days....
    I’m just happy we haven’t sent our stuff and a vehicle yet... That would have $ucked!

Drew RedBear and TerryD like this.
  4. TerryD

TerryD Member

Boys I'm beat...

We spent Saturday and Sunday hanging drywall and in what free time I had I extended the tongue on my outdoors trailer, added a real rear bumper and rewired it.

Yesterday after work and between helping the kids with their school work I added a cargo carrier in front of the box to carry our cooler and water jugs.

20200512_201931.jpg

BobbyRatTail, Strigidae, C99c and 9 others like this.
  5. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Nice. It looks like you can put together quite a setup with that rig

TerryD likes this.
  6. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Helped the wife clean out her classroom for the last time.

She’s done teaching, we took out everything we had purchased over the years and it’s all in a pile in the garage.

7. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Helped the wife clean out her classroom for the last time.

She’s done teaching, we took out everything we had purchased over the years and it’s all in a pile in the garage.

8. ASH

ASH Member

That's funny my mom has to clean out her room next week.

9. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Why is she done okzcherokee

Delkancott likes this.
  10. TerryD

TerryD Member

I think it's going to be a great setup and I'm formulating some possible upgrades for it later.

11. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

Biggest reason is to be a parent to our kids instead of other people’s kids. She wants to stay home while ours are young (2 and 4 currently).

The actual act of teaching she absolutely loves, but there is too much more to it than that these days.

Here is a photo of when we got there this morning, and then when we removed everything we paid for over the last decade.

E0672BAC-5F19-4C0F-8883-A86104A366E2.jpeg

8761525B-248A-4447-874D-0B80EC7B3E4B.jpeg

BobbyRatTail, Strigidae, C99c and 4 others like this.
  12. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Hopefully you were able to snag a bunch of stuff to use with your kiddos thou.

13. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

She has a bunch of sight words and stuff she made that we will be keeping to use ourselves.

Original plan was she would sell/give away most of it during the second half of this school year.
    Covid messed up that plan and it’s now all in our garage. We are going to go through everything and have a mini garage sale for the teachers later this summer.

14. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Trying to get my patch vest updated before Memorial Day.. Covid is really putting a wrench in my plans..

15. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

4 years of kicking around the rocks locally and I found this beautiful Arrowhead! This is my first wild find of a arrowhead. I have found other primitive cutting tools and pottery but never a true arrowhead! I’m supper excited!
    I am sure a lot of people think that arrowheads are rare. That is not exactly true... Most Native Americans would make hundreds and hundreds of arrowheads and other cutting tools in a life time. If you know a local Native American population lived in your area then you just need to know where to look.
    This was found in a recently planted cornfield. This specific field has yielded dozens of decent arrowheads it was my first time there. You can see I almost stepped over it from the bottom picture. That is the front of my shoe print, middle bottom of the photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C99c, Strigidae, JV3 and 4 others like this.
  16. ASH

ASH Member

So I am watching moonshiners and this dude claims he's making George Washington's rye liquor but he's using annual rye grass instead of rye. And who pays $200 a gallon for shine? This show is just full of crazy. I mean you know they aren't making real liquor and selling it on TV, but dang the Duke's of Hazzard was more realistic than this. These guys are making coolade and cooking the water back out of it. I haven't seen the first one put any yeast in their mash.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    JV3 and BobbyRatTail like this.
  17. BobbyRatTail

BobbyRatTail Member

Reminds me of that ridiculous Amish Mafia show... Discovery has some really lame programs lately.

JV3 and ASH like this.
  18. C99c

C99c Member

Discovery Channel is Lifetime Channel for guys.

Myth busters and Dirty Jobs were cool. All the fake crap: the motorcycle chopper shows, Fake and Loud, the Moonshine stuff, Diesel Bros is all garbage.

BobbyRatTail, OKcherokee and JV3 like this.
  19. ASH

ASH Member

So my yard has needed mowing for a month now. I was going to mow it 4 weeks ago, the tires always leak down I already have tubes in 3 of them but they would normally hold air long enough to mow. Last time I pumped up 2 of the tires then filled the mower with gas. Well the front right tire was going flat by the time I was done filling the gas, that was the one with the oldest tube. I looked around for some tires but never ordered any. Those little 6" tires are a pain in the butt, I really didn't want to fool with them.

After about a week of not doing anything about the tires I decided the grass was getting tall enough that I would just use the tractor and finish mower, but the mower needed belts. This is a old discontinued bush hog mower, I have one bush hog belt but have never been able to find another or cross it over. Finally I just took a guess on the size and ordered a pair of gates belts from Amazon for a good price. I tried to start the tractor and it fired up then died. I drained the fuel filter and it was full of water. I started bleeding the fuel lines but the battery got weak. The next day I did something to reinjure the knee I twisted last summer. It's taken me almost 2 weeks to get over that.

Saturday I took the battery off and charged it. Sunday I put the battery back on and finished bleeding the fuel system and got the tractor running. I had just gone through this water in the fuel crap 2 years ago and fixed the injector pump from my dad rebuilding it and getting one cylinder out of time. My new belts came in today and I had to nearly disassemble the mower to replace them. The new belts look like they are going to be a perfect fit, the last set dad got from tsc and they weren't wide enough. He thought that was why it burned up the belts, but while I was changing them today I realized that the spindles are locked up. So after all that I still can't mow my grass.

20. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

While photographing the Alligators on the opposite side of the small river/ creek.. One was looking right towards me. It then crawled in the water and appeared to be swimming/ floating towards me... OH H@11 NO!!! I was done photographing alligators for the day! And very quickly made my way down the narrow shore and up the bank away from the water :( Def a fun / interesting day!