Comments, Thoughts and randomness that doesn't deserve its own thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RocketmanDane, Sep 8, 2016.

1. ASH

ASH Member

It helps that one of her son's has moved back home and is staying with his dad next door. It takes some of the pressure off of me because it looks like I just want to beat his ass all the time. Which I do because he is so disrespectful.

RocketmanDane and Bushman5 like this.
  2. ASH

ASH Member

I don't know, I don't have any kids. I just know if I acted like he does I would never be able to sit down.

RocketmanDane likes this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

pretty much the entire 12 years i was with the ex gf and her mistakes.

nothing but crap and abuse from them. Dear Lord if they were mine.....spankings!

4. ASH

ASH Member

He has a new friend that rides the bus with him. The kid is polite and respectful. He is the one who said he needed that after I popped his butt with my belt. I even got him starting camp fires with cotton balls and a ferro rods.

We are hoping that he rubs off on him.

5. ASH

ASH Member

The good thing is that she doesn't mind and she trust me. Also all her kids are grown and feel the same way.

6. ASH

ASH Member

Ok I have a question. What do you do when you set the kids up a nice camp site and they don't take care of any of their gear. I hung hammocks with tarps for him and his friend. I went back last weekend to do some cleaning up with my new pole saw and the camp site was trashed. I gave him a pack to hold his gear along with the gear for Christmas. We gave him a bucket with a lid to keep supplies in. There was a open hotdog package on the ground and the
    Lid was odf the bucket and it was full of water.

I am at the point of saying screw it he is on his own. I try to show him the way but as soon as I am gone it is the Lord of the flies.

7. ASH

ASH Member

I realize that I have filled up nearly the last page by myself but if any of you have suggestions IAM all ears. I am just doing the best that I can without beating him into submission Evey day.

8. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

good stuff. I hold a VERY dim view towards children and teens based on the last couple of years BS , but there is a very small part of me that still wants to believe they want to be skilled in our woods trainings.

9. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

just tired.......tired is all.

burnt out.

10. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

@ASH
    Its all good :) that is why this thread is great! You can Ramble ramble and ramble some more and it keeps it all in one place and the other threads clean :)

11. ASH

ASH Member

The kid isn't bad all of the time just has episodes. The problem is that those episodes can be a little too extreme. I try to stay out of their arguments but most of the time if I don't get involved they will escalate into a knock down drag out. So I try to stop it before it gets to that point.

12. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

You have to figure out if he is arguing and being an arse because he IS a little prick or if it is the way his brain is processing information. If he is genuinely ADHD then you will keep going in circles. As for not looking after gear and tidying up, teenagers !! Some will some wont, there comes a time when his nuts may drop and this stuff all falls into place for him, when that is differs for many and in some cases they just go to gaol because they don't and it leads to bigger life issues.

ASH likes this.
  13. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Good luck with it !! It isn't easy !

ASH likes this.
  14. IW17

IW17 Member

I wonder if I'll qualify for a property tax exemption now that my yard is officially a wetland habitat.

Zeek, RocketmanDane and Delkancott like this.
  15. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Another thing to consider, Ash, is that telling him a few times and showing him a few times isn't gonna make it set in. It's going to take time and effort. Repetition is what makes it become a habit. Maybe pick up some cheap surplus gear that you don't care about. Let him use the nice gear while you do things together but give him the "junky" gear to use alone. Let him earn the use of the nice gear.

Below are just my opinions ....and I may be way off but here they are nonetheless...
    His behavior seems to be a cry for help and attention. The kid just needs someone to invest in him and show him that you care and arent just gonna bail on him or shove him off on the next person. Be firm with him but kindness, gentleness and patience will go far. Its hard to discipline someone else's kid because they don't always have that subconscious thought that it's done out of love like it is with your own kids. Earn the kids trust and he'll want to earn your respect.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    RocketmanDane and ASH like this.
  16. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

One kiddo testing positive for the flu... Now a couple more of us coming down with probably the flu... (Not me atleast yet hopefully.... )

Was talking to the principal a few days ago and in one grade alone over 30 students and 2 teachers where out with the flu...

This is why I call most children little disease monsters :) mine included. :)

Zeek likes this.
  17. OKcherokee

OKcherokee Member

That sucks, hope everyone has a quick recovery.

The wife is a teacher. One of the classes had 18 out of 26 kids absent the other day.

18. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

We were never sick until my kids started school...And now it seems like someone is always sick during the school year....

BTW, Bushie, Love the Avatar

19. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Thanks!
    There are so many people out at there school that they brought in a 2nd nurse and then the normal school nurse got the flu... So they have 2 replacement nurses at the moment..

20. jeeter

jeeter Member

Potty training sucks.

OKcherokee, Zeek and RocketmanDane like this.