Combat Flip Flops Claymore waxed canvas bag review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by GaryMc, Sep 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. GaryMc

GaryMc Member

Did this review a few weeks back on the old forum so thought I'd pull it over, still loving this bag & it is used regularly.

COMBAT FLIP FLOPS CLAYMORE WAXED CANVAS BAG

This is the smallest of 3 bags I carry, it's more briefcase/messenger bag size. It gets carried often. I love the simplicity of this bag and it's extremely well made in the USA plus I think it looks pretty darn cool. It is unstructured so keep that in mind if you look at them in other words you may want a neoprene sleeve for a laptop. This model will hold up to a 13" MacBook, they now make a 15" MacBook version as well. If you have never checked out the Combat Flip Flops site you really should. It's owned and run by ex-Special Forces military vets and they have some cool gear and sales support some really worthwhile charities. Griff, an ex-Army Ranger, one of the owners is a really cool guy. He has a TedX talk posted under about us on their site I love.

[​IMG]

My typical load out with this bag is my iPad Pro, a Combat Flip Flops Shemagh, backup battery, and headlamp, all in the large compartment. In the 2 smaller sections I keep my OP1 with all my goodies in one and my Sig 9mm and a spare mag in the other when they are not on me, they were IWB on me when this picture was taken. I can also usually find room for sunglasses & case. I did the add-on magnetic tabs that fit on the Velcro closures which works much better to me than just the Velcro closures below the snaps for faster access. If I am in the city or abroad, prefer the Velcro to keep thieves and pickpockets out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This bag is fairly nondescript and does not scream tactical. Have really enjoyed carrying this bag over any prior of this style I've owned.

[​IMG]

Murphnuge and jlowrance like this.
  2. elgatoloco

elgatoloco Member

Not really my cup of tea, but it looks lovely!

GaryMc likes this.
  3. GaryMc

GaryMc Member