Best sheath/carry options for esee 3

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Joshua Daigle, Sep 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Joshua Daigle

Joshua Daigle Member

Looking for suggestions. Not sure if not having the blade coating like the 1095s would make a difference for aftermarket parts.

2. olywa

olywa Member

Handle dimensions are likely to be a larger factor. I had one stock 3 in the stock sheath with molle backing. I added it to packs or kit bags when that made sense. I've passed this one on to a very grateful family member. I also have an Azwelke kydex taco sheath with a Sagewood Gear drop loop for belt carry. This one packs a 3 with LMF handles on it (prolly my favorite 3 config).

Now I'm kinda pinin' for the S35 3 and not sure how much longer I'll be able to resist it. I was holding off for the CR3 in S35 but who knows when that will actually be available. Prolly end up with both of them.

3. Joshua Daigle

Joshua Daigle Member

I know that feeling. I was just looking at the Xancudo and ended up with both. All because I was interested in the Izzy2.
    Thanks for the info!

4. olywa

olywa Member

The Xancudo is a gem. Some of the best s35 I've ever used.

Joshua Daigle likes this.
  5. Joshua Daigle

Joshua Daigle Member

I’ve been helping with Hurricane Laura cleanup and been using my Izzy SS because I’m nervous about rust with all of the saltwater.
    Looking forward to Xancudo and 3 s35vn in action, this weekend. Food prep and general tasks, also not super confident in blade coatings and food.

6. Skip808

Skip808 Member

Good idea for the food work. My 6hm that sees food prep and game processing got the coating removed and sanded down to shiny metal. Don’t want to wonder what if when I’m cooking or eating.

I’m surrounded by salt water also but 1095 has been good. I just remove surface rust off field knives with rubbing compound and a shop rag. Now you guys are making me want an S35 3 though

Joshua Daigle likes this.