Basic beginners bass fishing setup?

Discussion in 'Hunting and Fishing' started by chorpie, Apr 30, 2017.

1. chorpie

chorpie Member

You know... it does not

Mountainmistwanderer and Zeek like this.
  2. Zeek

Zeek Member

Practice makes perfect... ;)
    tmp_13198-e5574e34c97f50294e4c0106e752a4071168019465.jpg

IW17, Theodore, Dagwood and 2 others like this.
  3. chorpie

chorpie Member

So should i be fishing worms, or jerkbaits?

Theodore, STPNWLF and Zeek like this.
  4. Zeek

Zeek Member

Lol for real...

Dagwood, Theodore and STPNWLF like this.
  5. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

ROFLMAO

Theodore and Zeek like this.
  6. chorpie

chorpie Member

7. sparky702

sparky702 Member

There's so much to this question it's kind boggling there's no all in one hereMAN...You better be sure this is a road you wanna go down...bass fishing is by far without question the most addictive thing on the entire planet. I PROMISE YOU the first time you see that big ol pig jump completely out of the water and do a back flip you will be completely and instantly addicted to bass. I'm an electrician and i keep my tackle box and 3 bait casters on my truck AT ALL TIMES. I'm gonna piss everyone off but i have ugly sticks i use ugly sticks when the walking dead happens I'm gonna carry an ugly stick around but don't start with an ugly stick. There's just way too much action in the tip. Spend a little money right away cheap tools cost way more in the long run.for the money you can't beat the INSANE sensitivity strength and diversity on a cabonlight I've tried. Get a 7'6" heavy xfast i can flip pitch jig finesse troll pop walk jerk and CAST A FREAKING MILE. Get a good real revo is a good bet no matter what.get a burner you can make a fast real slow as you want can't make a slow one fast. and practice constantly thumb breaking not gear control i can back hand into a head wind confidently 15 yards or drop a jig 3" in front of Tules at 30yards. Get some top water lures jerk baits divers jigs creatures craws and worms. Get good with jigs you'll out fish your buddy who won't put down the crank bait promise. Green pumpkin watermelon red black and blue white and chartreuse are good all around colors. Just some real basic starting points go learn what works for you and where you are. TIGHT LINES FISH ON BROTHER!!! 20180610_101337.jpg image_20180610_045855_1528635006615.jpg

Attached Files:

chorpie and Strigidae like this.
  8. chorpie

chorpie Member

Hadn't had much chance to fish as i'd been working 4 hours from home for the last 6 months... but i'm back now so i'll give it a go :)

Thanks

Strigidae and Zeek like this.
  9. CWB

CWB Member

Short flyrod