Attn: SMKW

Discussion in 'Smoky Mountain Knife Works' started by Lost-n-the-woods, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Lost-n-the-woods

Lost-n-the-woods Member

CA92D97C-CED6-4B7B-8F94-FA03FA053A2C.jpeg I manage to make a run to SMKW about every 2-3 months. Yesterday I wanted the s35 Izula but no stock, then asked for an Izula 2, again no stock. I asked for 3 more models but no stock. If you’re reading this SMKW, request bigger shipments from Esee and eventually you’ll be able to keep inventory available? Expand your offerings for Esee items such as handle scales, I’m sure there is someone making handles that would love be in the store. Hit Esee up for an exclusive SMKW pattern?

In the words of Rambo… I just want Esee and SMKW to love their customers as much as we love them

Pic of one of yesterdays purchases added… 05EF544F-EB3D-4737-99A4-239F6A998BAF.jpeg

FTG-05, Danny D, BrianRowe and 2 others like this.
  2. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Every time I'm at SMKW I end up buying yet another axe I don't need. LOL

FTG-05, Danny D, TerryD and 3 others like this.
  3. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

ESEE products are always in demand around the Tri-State area. Most shops sell them quickly. Hopefully post pandemic production will stabilize.

4. BigJake

BigJake Member

Axes are like guns. You can never have too many.

Spadi_5, ASH, Bushman5 and 2 others like this.
  5. Lost-n-the-woods

Lost-n-the-woods Member

Have you a picture of your axe accumulation together?

6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

….. he does ! I have seen it. All unused in shadow boxes around his living room !!!! :D

Bushman5 and Lost-n-the-woods like this.
  7. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

Better than buying stocks and bonds. The return on investment is much higher with axes

ASH and Bushman5 like this.
  8. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Whatever lets you sleep at night :D

The Marsh Gorilla and Bushman5 like this.
  9. BrianRowe

BrianRowe Member

I visited SMKW last week. You’re correct… slim pickings on ESEE goodness. I ended up with a carabiner, compass cards, and a ballcap. Odd that these are some things I didn’t own

10. C99c

C99c Member

I spent an hour or so there today. ESEE wasn't the only brand short on stock due to supply issues and high demand. Both Victorinox and Spyderco had noticeable holes in their inventory. I still saw them sell several ESEE knives while I waited for the employees to unlock some stuff I was looking at. They had E3s, 4s, 6s, Izula, Candirus, CR2.5s, Zancuda, etc and the best ESEE of all, the SAK included in the survival kit. Jokes aside, today seemed to be a slow day for a Saturday, according to a couple of employees. Probably due to people focusing on back to school shopping. Even on a slow day, they needed a dedicated employee for the ESEE case. Every time I was in that area they had multiple people waiting to look at ESEE products.

I stopped to replace some RAT carabiners I recently left with a friend. I also wanted to compare the CR2.5, Benchmade Flyaway, GEC Hunter and a similar blade that was in the same case as the White River Knives stuff but I'm not sure if it was one of their knives or not.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023