Ankle carry options

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Buck10ec, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Buck10ec

Buck10ec Member

Please share your thoughts or experience with ankle carry options for the Izula II. My purpose would be for ease of access and to keep it out of the way while kayak fishing. This would normally be during warm weather so typically I am not wearing boots. Concealment is not important. Belt carry is uncomfortable during this activity and I have a couple other items around my neck. I use a knife rarely while fishing but it would be nice to have easy access and keep it out of the bottom of the boat!

2. Hammer

Hammer Member

What about attaching it to your PFD?

Buck10ec likes this.
  3. Buck10ec

Buck10ec Member

I probably should get a PFD....
    just kidding, I normally do have one with me but this is flat or slow moving water I typically fish . I'd like to come out to your part of the country someday and take it some trout fishing and beautiful scenery.

Hammer likes this.
  4. Kevo

Kevo Member

If you aren't wearing a pfd then a chest harness is a game changer for mobile fishing. A lot of times I'll simply attach my knife to the strap on my orvis sling bag. 20190202_133914.jpg

If you're dead set on the ankle, I'd recommend a scuba dive knife strap. They're made specifically for modular knife attachment to the leg and the neoprene ones are usually only around 10 bucks.

Strigidae and Buck10ec like this.
  5. Buck10ec

Buck10ec Member

That’s a cool accessory Kevo. It would interfere with my seat back but you’ve given me the idea of coming up with something to go over my shoulder vs around my neck. I also enjoy stream fishing and that pack would beat the heck out of my fanny pack or my backpack that doesn’t currently utilize the straps - and that’s another idea I can work on this winter! Thank you and everyone for the ideas and helping me see options I hadn’t considered. Who knew purchasing a little 4” knife named after a fish that scares me more than Jaws would connect me with this wealth of knowledge.

The Marsh Gorilla and Kevo like this.
  6. Kevo

Kevo Member

For sure! I absolutely love that sling pack. My favorite part is that you can swing it around and it is set up to give you a little work surface and access without taking it off.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  7. evilunclegrimace

evilunclegrimace Member

What about a wrist strap type of carry?