Allegheny Knifeworks M55

Discussion in 'For Sale / Trade' started by theJman, May 23, 2020.

1. theJman

theJman Member

Allegheny Knifeworks M55

Custom Allegheny knife bought at a time when no one even knew who this company was. Solid, heavy-duty piece that epitomizes the word "indestructible". If you want a field knife for the apocalypse, this one is it.
    Blade is made from CPM 3V with a beautiful sating finish. It features a saber grind with a secondary bevel and is patterned after the famous Kephart style. Acute 90 degree spine makes scraping bark and getting sparks from a ferro rod very easy. There's mild jimping placed where your thumb naturally rests when doing push cuts. It has the perfect amount of texture; enough to securely hold your finger in place, yet it doesn't tear up your skin if you don't use gloves.

One-off handle scales. The outer layer is dark earth green G10 with the edges completely smoothed over. Underneath is not one liner but two of them, in contrasting brown and creme colors. It creates a very unique and appealing look. There are parrot beaks on the front and rear that firmly hold your hand in place, along with a generous palm swell. The handle is large and thick enough to easily accommodate XL hands, even having enough real estate so you can choke back for chopping.

Adding to the custom touch is a dual-color pancake style Kydex sheath, tan on the front and black on the rear. This was an optional sheath I purchased because the standard one wasn't to my liking (some pictures show the standard sheath while others show the optional one). I'll include both with the sale. There's a ferro rod loop and Tek-Lok. To secure the knife Allegheny uses a slide lever locking mechanism, something seen on very few knives. It works seamlessly; at the top most position the knife is held firmly in place, and when slid to the bottom it can be extracted easily.

First rate craftsmanship throughout.

• Overall length: 11.75"
    • Blade length: 6"
    • Edge length: 5.75"
    • Blade grind: Saber, secondary bevel
    • Blade steel: CPM 3V, 3/16", satin finish
    • Handle length: 5.75"
    • Handle scales: Dark earth green G10 with dual liners (brown and creme), 3 stainless pins
    • Sheath: Unique two tone Kydex featuring tan front and black rear, large Tek-Lok, firesteel
    • Purchase price: $300
    • Selling price: $210

Ground shipping to anywhere in the continental US included. International orders are currently not available. No trade offers please; I'm trying to thin out my collection, not make it larger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kaw-liga, 87Burban and beestokk like this.