recent purchases thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JV3, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Benson X

Benson X Member

Finally got this today after waiting almost a year and half for it.

[​IMG]

BigJake, Flex, Zeek and 5 others like this.
  2. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

That’s a bad bitch!!!!

Zeek and Benson X like this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

oooh who makes that?

Zeek and Benson X like this.
  4. Benson X

Benson X Member

It's a Survive! GSO 7/7. It's a "Factory 2nd", so it was discounted a bit, but I can't find a flaw anywhere on it.

Zeek and Bushman5 like this.
  5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

If Survive!'s production operations and honesty genes were not so stuffed up they could have made a killing !! They make a nice blade !!!

Not Sure, Benson X, JV3 and 3 others like this.
  6. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

7. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Benson X and Zeek like this.
  8. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

They’ve been a ton more honest and they moved their production to a bigger company that does even better work as well as higher volume. I think we’re in for a pleasant surprise.

JV3 and Zeek like this.
  9. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

What did they lie about?

10. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Ah right on MOS, thanks buddy for thinking of me ;):D monthly layaway funds heading your way :p

ManOfSteel likes this.
  11. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Timelines were atrocious. That’s all I can really think of.

JV3 and Zeek like this.
  12. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

13. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Timelines/Production Schedules and what were the actual issues causing the long delays after taking full payment under a number of guises (kick starter, pre order, order etc), Seconds vs Ugly Bettys (selling "seconds" with payment upfront before they have even been made). The move in with Millet is promising but we shall see. All in all they burned up a good deal of their credibility/goodwill. I have ALWAYS said this was a shame as they make a nice blade when they actually deliver.

Not Sure, ManOfSteel, JV3 and 2 others like this.
  14. JV3

JV3 Member

i hope they turn things around...it's my favorite brand when it comes to belt knife-sized hard use.

their bladeforums sub-forum got shutdown a few months ago so i have no idea what's happening now though.

ManOfSteel likes this.
  15. Benson X

Benson X Member

I agree. I don't have as much time/money vested in their operation as some other folks, but I've kept pretty mum as not to fuel the fervor.

This is the first blade I've gotten direct from them, and I can say that their Q/C and attention to detail is seriously something else. Not that fancy packaging and being anal-retentive is a good excuse to have a 2+ year backlog of orders, but it is reassuring that they haven't sacrificed their standards just to appease the pitchfork-toting masses.

I think they've got a pretty good operation going with Millit; and once their backlog is caught-up I think they can regain some credibility. This order has certainly instilled a new sense of faith (for me).

I also think getting booted off Bladeforums is a blessing is disguise for them; they can focus on the outstanding orders and keep producing without having to constantly update or regurgitate responses to the same questions to the same group of naysayers.

Me too...I got in on that last pre-order they did for the GSO and the SK (one of each). Also have a SK6 on the way and might get in on a (new-spec) 5.1. The newer scales and Delta3V are a winning combo on any of their blades.

ManOfSteel and JV3 like this.
  16. McKROB

McKROB Member

I ordered a GSO 3.5 starter from them on March 10th, 2015, and paid in full.

I emailed them last November for a status update, just to make sure my order hadn’t been forgotten, it had only been 2.5 years after all. They responded within two days, claiming that the 3.5 blades were just getting back from “production grinding”.

The current production scheduled on their site says with regards to the GSO 3.5 Starter, “All Starter Campaign orders are being surface finished. Handles are scheduled to start being machined.”

At this rate it will only be another 3.5 years...

17. Benson X

Benson X Member

Not so much an outright lie, but confusing and ambiguous updates about their production/schedule.

This thread from Bladeforums was the "straw the camel's back" and resulted in them losing their Bladeforums Sub-Forums endorsement. I think my reply to Ellie's post/update sums up the level of confusion and frustration many of their customers are feeling.
    https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...should-be-closed.1613828/page-2#post-18292417

There are probably 20+ Threads over there that are in a similar vein.

Flex likes this.
  18. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I got a GSO in the Starter! As well as an SK12 and an SK6. That 6 may make me sell everything else in its size range. I loved the couple of original 6’s I had I just hated the rounded spine. D3V is really something special for me so far. I use my FK for all my deer and it’s just stupid how tough it is and how it holds an edge while being damn near stainless. I bust right through the rib cages and split joints with no chipping or rolling on a 20* edge.

JV3 likes this.
  19. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Did this to my thumb swapping from a Slick Trick broadhead to my new Rage Chisel Tip 3SC’s. Bled through multiple paper towels and eventually got 5 stitches. Anyway.. my purchase because of the event was a $100 copay in the ER, a new little home med kit my wife surprised me with this morning, and that bottle of Jameson I posted above.

10AF8DB8-599B-4F6B-9923-D2952BE06691.jpeg CDFA9C41-0544-449D-B5E4-635E88096EA5.jpeg

BigJake, JV3 and Bushman5 like this.
  20. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

@McKROB wanna sell it to me? What options did you get? I bought a guys 4.1 starter because he was tired of waiting. They shipped to me when it finished.