Your Every Day Carry

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Reno Lewis, Jul 21, 2017.

1. .357 mag

.357 mag Member

I have the aqua salt in plain edge. Been a great blade.

2. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

Been waiting for that one ever since I posted it.

@.357 mag can you tell a substantial difference in corrosion resistance in the Salt, the Salt 2 is on my list to get but never have dropped the hammer.

3. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I've also never got a SAK. Just a saCk

Michael W. and koolaidnd like this.
  4. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

[​IMG]
    I've been carrying these a lot lately. Sprint run S35vn PM2 and sprint Urban k390.

5. .357 mag

.357 mag Member

As far as? I've put it away wet,dry,dirty,clean, smelly, and bloody. It looks the same all the time. The aqua salt will be my hunting blade this year. It's great in the kitchen. All the salts are great. I currently carry a stretch. Would love a salt in that knife style.

Plain edge does take 3-4 good sharpenings before it holds an edge. The factor edge will cut for a about 10 second then it's dull. After 4 sharpenings it's about like VG-10

mtngoat and Zeek like this.
  6. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

Thanks, looking for something to carry fishing, beach and anytime I am in the water. My wife thinks I'm crazy I always have a knife on me even when in a pool. But if you have ever been tangled in some type of line on the bottom of the ocean it's a good habit to have. I used to scuba dive a lot.

Josh Wright, Zeek and STPNWLF like this.
  7. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

It's not just your wife, most women think that way. You just tell her "It's like a condom, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it." o_O:D

Zeitgeist and Zeek like this.
  8. C99c

C99c Member

I've never had any H1 that matches VG10 (there is always a noticeable difference to me), but find it's usually very similar to AUS8, which I'm fond of.
    I think the best thing for PE H1 is to have it reground to FFG or to at the very least thin the edge out a bit. In my use it has really helped the performance.

I wish they would make a combo blade Pacific Salt. Or, as someone noted on Spyderco forum a while back, just make the little PE section towards the tip of the SE Pacific about out twice as long.

9. Zeek

Zeek Member

10. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Member

I didn't read the entire tread so it might have already been answered. What knife is that and were do I get one?

11. Reno Lewis

Reno Lewis Knot-A-Challenge Champion

That's an Enzo Birk 75 in curly birch. Might be able to find them at certain stores in the US, but if not, I highly recommend Lamnia.fi.

12. Mike Smith

Mike Smith Member

13. mwramos76

mwramos76 Member

Anyone else carry a pack everyday? I carry a 511 Tactical Rush 12 bag everyday. Never leave home with out it. It has some random things I have put together over the years that get me through my day to day stuff. Everything from a set of Froggs for the rainy days to granola bars for snacks. Of course a few knives and some other tools. A water bottle headphones charging cord for my phone. IPad mini with charger as well. A couple of bandanas along with a sweat towel that I wash everyday along with my boonie hat. Umm what else. Sometimes I'll have my pistol in there if it's not on me. Couple of sporks and a small tablet to write on along with a couple of pens. Oh and maybe three flashlights are in there as well as a fire kit two trash bags a deodorant stick my eye glasses and extra set of contacts. I thinks that's about it. So yeah I pretty much carry a purse. I guess there are worse things I could carry haha

_Archers_, Zeitgeist, STPNWLF and 2 others like this.
  14. nathan shepherd

nathan shepherd Member

15. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

Yes @mwramos76 I carry a Direct Action Dragon Egg everyday, it has a little bit of everything in it for work and play. No food but I have a food bag in the truck because I never know where I will be for lunch.
    IMG_4844.JPG

Ballenxj and Zeek like this.
  16. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

It's not a purse, it's a Murseo_O
    511 Rush 12 rides with me in my truck, makes a good center console/armrest:D

Zeitgeist and Zeek like this.
  17. Rick R

Rick R Member

I don't EDC a pack but I have a 511 Covrt sling pack that goes with me when I'm more than an hour away from the house. It's the SBR sized model and carries a first aid kit, large space blanket, fleece jacket, M4 broken down with three magazines. the front pouch holds a smaller Blackhawk! hydration pack with fire kit, protein bars, folding wood saw, Cold Steel Bushman and some other "stuff". Just your basic Get Home bag.

18. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

i like these blades!

you a tree climber/chainsaw dude?

Zeitgeist likes this.
  19. Mack

Mack Member

Not a climber . Too old for that, but do cut trees 40 +hrs a week. Starting to think I'm getting to old for that to. Lol

Zeek likes this.
  20. Mack

Mack Member

Don't know if you have one but the aqua salt serrated and pacific salt serrated are as light as a feather and are vicious cutters . So light you don't know your carrying them. H1 steel is ridiculously easy to sharpen and holds a great edge as long as it's serrated. Plain edge not so well....

.357 mag likes this.