Where do you buy knife making supplies?

Discussion in 'DIY (Do It Yourself)' started by Ravenous12, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Ravenous12

Ravenous12 Member

Delkancotts thread on Ontario machetes inspired me to order a couple with the intent to mod them like that two handed handle one I *think esee6&3 did on the old forum (couldn't find it). Looking for canvas micarta, glue, and corbys and I'm seeing that this stuff is freakin expensive! Trugrit seems to have the best deals on micarta. Am I missing somewhere better?

Delkancott likes this.
  2. SEMO

SEMO Member

Southeast MO, Mississippi River Bottom flatland
    I get micarta from masecraft supply. It is cheaper by the sheet than by scale size. Buy a sheet, then use it to mod other knives.
    All other stuff I get from maker supply on eBay out of Texas, or jantz supply,

Strigidae and Delkancott like this.
  3. mmbackpacker

mmbackpacker Member

I get some nice wood scales from a guy on ebay- Chris Cantwell. I have purchased micarta and such from random places, my current favorite is another ebayer Billiardstuff2012. Since I don't do a lot, I just find what works best in terms of an order- if it is just one thing I'll just look for the best price, if I am ordering several things, I'll likely hit up Jantz, Midwestknifesupply, Knife Kits, or one of the other places- Thompson's is my favorite, but they are mainly scandinavian stuff. I have also ordered bare blades from ragweedforge, Bens Backwoods, Lamnia, and Brisa... northcoast knives is another dealer I have bought stuff from- he has the white corian scales I am thinking I might do for a future project...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    SEMO and Delkancott like this.
  4. Ravenous12

Ravenous12 Member

Thanks guys, I ended up placing an order with Trugrit. Seemed the best price for what I needed. Keep them coming though!

5. SEMO

SEMO Member

Southeast MO, Mississippi River Bottom flatland
    Rav, make sure you post in process pics as your work through your projects. Look forward to seeing them.

mmbackpacker and Ravenous12 like this.