What happens when we loan someone a knife!

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Scott Whittington, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Scott Whittington

Scott Whittington Member

A fun video we did of what we all fear happens when we loan a friend a knife. Hope you all have an awesome National Knife Day!

hma153, JohnGer, Adventurer and 2 others like this.
  2. tangomike3

tangomike3 Member

I would never loan that guy a knife. Not even a Busse.

3. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

This is exactly why I wont loan a knife out unless I know the person well enough that they won't do something stupid like that.
    Person walks up and asks where my knife is, I turn it around by asking them were their knife is?
    If they insist, I ask them what they need cut, and I will cut it for them. If I learn they want to use it all day for an industrial day of cutting, I tell em to get their own, and walk away. I've seen entirely too many stupid things done to knives, and they never volunteer to replace one they broke. :(

4. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Member

What happens? In order of occurrence?

1 I need to cut something. You have a knife, don’t you?
    2 WOW, that’s a real weapon (anything over SAK Classic)! Who are you going to stab?
    3 That’s sharp! (Said while cutting self, without realizing they’ve done so.)
    4 I’m bleeding! This is your fault!

I don’t loan knives to non-knife people, and the knife people carry their own.

480 RUGER likes this.
  5. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

Some truth to this video! Where I come from, you never "borrow" a knife from another man! Most of the bars around here search you for a knife before you go in. If you don't have one, they give you one!
    Great Video

Slade likes this.
  6. packmen21

packmen21 Bottom Feeding Spammer

+1
    [​IMG]

7. JohnGer

JohnGer Member

A friend of mine told me a story.... Its about a Strider. He took it out of the box, and his girlfriend came in. She just asked: "Can I loan your knife for a moment?" He was like "Yeah, sure." Happy that she was finally interested in knifes....
    A few minutes later he looked out of the window only to see his girlfriend scraping the weeds out of the joints between the stones in the driveway....

8. Kevo

Kevo Member

I like to keep a loaner SAK cadet around for the "got a knife" people.

9. Ballenxj

Ballenxj Member

I've thought of that, and actually done that for a short while, but in the end I just couldn't see donating the pocket space for an inferior knife. :(

10. Kevo

Kevo Member

Makes sense. It took a bit of getting used to, but I have one of the alox versions that fits pretty snugly in the coin pocket of my jeans. It comes in handy for non-knifey stuff too.