Traditional pickled eggs

Discussion in 'Survival and Wilderness Skills' started by Bushman5, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Lets make some Pub Eggs!

this is a super easy recipe, the flavor will strongly depend on what vinegar you choose.....if you choose the traditional English Malted vinegar, the flavor will be strong and the color of the eggs , dark. If you use white vinegar, the flavor will different, and the color of the eggs, white.

first start off with boiling a bunch of eggs

[​IMG]

at the same time, in another pot, boil 5 - 7 cups of pickling vinegar , 1/4 cup sea salt and pickling spices

[​IMG]

after the eggs have boiled for about 15 - 20 minutes, plunge them into ice water and run cold water over them for 15 minutes

[​IMG] [​IMG]

your pickling solution will have a dark color if you used a lot of pickling spices or malt vinegar.

[​IMG]

peel the eggs...this takes the most time. DO it under running cold water.

[​IMG]

place the peeled eggs into the mason jars and leave 1" of headspace

[​IMG]

pour the pickling liquid into the jars, adding as much of the spice material as possible. Cap and put into fridge for a month.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

after a month or so....enjoy slabs of strong cheese, pickled herring, canned fish and pumpernickel bread, and lots and lots of COLD icy beer!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. Se7eN

Se7eN Member

I'm going to try this!!! Looks tasty!!!

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  3. Black5

Black5 Member

Yeah, baby. We pickle our quail eggs! Put jalapeno slices in with some of them.
    Unfortunately, we got a really good offer on our quail.....But I have about 10 pints left still yet...:cool:

The Marsh Gorilla, Zeek and STPNWLF like this.
  4. ASH

ASH Member

The only way that I like eggs is french toast.