TKC slidelock sheath quality

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by ampmorocco, Mar 13, 2020.

1. ampmorocco

ampmorocco Member

Got my new esee6 with the TKC slidelock sheath I’m not impressed with the sheath at all. Looks like it’s for the wrong knife no retention. contacted the connection now I have to send it back so they can inspect it. Anybody else have this problem ?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  2. Kevo

Kevo Member

I don't have any experience with that sheath specifically, but the folks at TKC are top notch. They should be able to fix you up.

ampmorocco likes this.
  3. Eric Kendrick

Eric Kendrick Member

Man, sorry you have to go through that. Sucks to be excited about a new knife arriving just to have that happen. I must say though, I have an ESEE 6 with a TKC sheath and the quality and fit are very good on my setup.

ampmorocco likes this.
  4. IW17

IW17 Member

Is that as far as the knife goes in?

5. ampmorocco

ampmorocco Member

No it goes in all the way but it slides in with very little retention, turn it vertically and with a little movement it falls out. With the lock on it pops out very easily. I’m sending it back so they can look at it. Man I was so happy to finally get my knife and the sheath is a big letdown, the screws for the leather backer are even offset kind of crooked not centered very well edges are kind of sharp doesn’t seem like there was a lot of time put into it.

6. IW17

IW17 Member

Yeah sometimes the retention on kydex is just not snug enough but can easily be adjusted with some heat from a heat gun or hair dryer. However seeing as how it comes out even with the lock engaged, you either got the wrong sheath or a bad one snuck through QC. Dale is a good guy to do business with, so I'm sure this will be taken care of.

7. ampmorocco

ampmorocco Member

They fixed it and sent me a new sheath. It was defective.

KnOeFz, Kevo, IW17 and 1 other person like this.