This is a necessary tool

Discussion in 'EXPAT Knives®' started by Expat, Jul 29, 2018.

1. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Is it truly worth the price difference

2. JAD

JAD Member

I don't have one but I intend buy one some day. I just won't use it as a 5 gallon bucket.

You can buy a 5 gal bucket at Tractor Supply for $2.99 (white or red).

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/tractor-supply-co-pail-5-gal?cm_vc=-10005

At this price they are basically throw away if the use of it makes it so toxic that even the dogs don't want to chew it up. So I will continue to buy my buckets at Tractor Supply for normal everyday tasks.

The Yeti version is an all together different item. I've had a chance to be around the Yeti because my son has one. It is made far more substantial than any other bucket. Fit and finish is just to a higher degree. And the handle is so superior when packing/carrying heavy loads in it.

My most likely use will be as a project bucket. When I'm working on something like a door repair, sink problem, gutter issue, etc. I will often gather the tools in my shop for the task at hand, carry it in a bucket to the site, and even use it to sit on while I figure out what I'm going to do.

Secondarily, maybe as a trail bucket when I'm working on marking, clearing, or putting in new trails. I often will have surveyors tape, flags, small axe, range finder, binoculars, compass, saw, tape measure, etc.

Then there is always the 'equivalency test". When I consider opening a $40 bottle of bourbon with my boys down at the farm and it's gone at the end of the weekend......what do I have to show for it? For the equivalent $40 I could be sitting on a Yeti bucket for many weekends to come.

Wow. I've almost talked myself into it.

3. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

Definitely. It's only $65 more than a regular bucket with lid. How can that not be worth it????

4. McKROB

McKROB Member

I picked one up for ice fishing and really like it. I don’t look at it as an expensive bucket, but as a relatively inexpensive heavy duty equipment case for my fish finder, that doubles as a seat!

AA26D059-037F-4BF0-BEF3-9A5A448D9206.jpeg

Strigidae and Bushman5 like this.