The only time I lean left! Are you a 10%er

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Wisdom, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Wisdom

Wisdom Member

If your a Southpaw, you understand my frustration with the folding knife world. Very few knives work for me, especially liner locks. I have narrowed down a few brands that are lefty freindly. Im I missing others? Please feel free to add to my list.
    1. Spyderco -Quitee possibly the most Southpaw friendly co. out their. Majority of their knives have reversible clips.
    2. Chris Reeves - Makes a true left hand Sebenza, and kitchen knife
    3. DPX - makes a true left hand HEST
    4. Benchmade - esp. the Griptialian
    5. Tim britton - the only one of the bunch I dont own, but will likely be my next folder.

2. charles bower

charles bower Member

I'm lefthanded but I trained myself to use my right hand with most tools.

Buck 110 is lefty. In fact nearly all lockbacks should be considered ambidextrous.

koolaidnd and C99c like this.
  3. jlowrance

jlowrance Member

I usually prefer regular liner locks as long as the pocket clip can be mounted for left hand carry. I do have a left handed liner lock that feels backwards because I grew up using right-hand knives. Any frame locks I use must be truly left handed.

4. Wolfman Zack

Wolfman Zack Member

Manix 2 and Manix 2 XL are 100% ambidextrous, though I guess you mentioned Spydercos.

I'll add that most traditional slipjoints are fairly ambidextrous, even if the nail nick is on the "wrong side", it's still easy to grasp in most cases.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  5. trench

trench Member

Ferrum forge makes true left handed models in every run they do.

6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

The Minister of War, Fun and Finances (Mrs Andy) is a lefty.... it has been a pain in the butt to accommodate this at times. Like the Nuns in my school as a kid, I am sure it is the work of the Devil ....

7. JMJ

JMJ Member

I shoot southpaw cause I'm left eye dominant, but use knives and most everything else predominantly with my right hand. I was completely ambidextrous as a kid until my teachers forced me to write righthanded then figured out my left eye dominance around 12yrs old. To be honest I've never tried a lefthanded folder, but I'd definitely like to.

8. C99c

C99c Member

I've generally always shied away from any folder (any tool really) that is strictly right handed or left handed. I like being able to carry on either side and easily operate them with both hands.
    If I handle a knife that only has a stud on one side or doesn't allow for the pocket clip to be moved then I instantly lose interest. Even some Spydercos have a scale without adequate material removed to hit the hole from the other side.

The Spyderco lockbacks I usually carry are a no brainer when it comes to this, and even the Kershaw/Emerson liner lock I carry sometimes doesn't present a problem.

This topic does give me an idea for a thread I've thought about starting.