The CR 2.5

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by AelSic, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Mudman

Mudman Member

Got to play with one a little at the bushclass, I liked it. Interesting little size- not sure what I'd use it for though, but I'll still buy one. lol

However I really disliked the sheath it comes with.

2. Dougmau

Dougmau Member

Love mine. Been using it the most. I normally don't complain but wish it was 3 and not 2.5. Other than that been using it even saltwater fishing and done very well. I just wipe it down when I get home with a tufcloth. Can't go wrong.

3. AelSic

AelSic Member

@Dougmau you're right about that half inch! I believe it would be perfect with a three inch blade.

4. Dougmau

Dougmau Member

IMG_0568.JPG
    Yes it would. I used it to clean these Friday and was think that. I needed a EXPAT Cleaver for the heads and been great!

AelSic and Emac like this.
  5. Emac

Emac Member

Damn Doug! Leave some for the rest of us!!! Nice haul man!

6. Emac

Emac Member

So I was able to purchase a 2.5 about 2 weeks ago. First impressions were "what the hell did I just do? This is about to be posted on the "for sale" column...and what am I going to use this little thing for?" Well a few ducks, several pounds of chicken, and a handful of Feathersticks later, I have got to say that this is one of my all time favorite Esee Knives. There is absolutely no way to hold this blade uncomfortably, I've tried. It is a great slicer but has enough backbone to do chores that I would consider far beyond the capabilities of other knives it's size. I absolutely love the handle design. I have moderately sized hands and it just fits...there isn't a better way for me to say that. I do wish it was a 3.0 and nor a 2.5...it is a bit short for some slicing chores. All and all if you are on the fence about this blade give it a shot....it you don't like it I'm sure it won't last long on the "for sale" thread.

AelSic likes this.