1. satori

satori Member

Lets see what solar setups you are using! Looking to pickup one up and wanted to see whats out there. Pretty sure i am gonna get a powefilm 10watt though.

2. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

We have goal zero stuff. I'll get a picture and description up this weekend.

satori likes this.
  3. satori

satori Member

I just payed for a 10w powerfilm so i will also post about it once i give it a good trial.

4. McKROB

McKROB Member

I've got a folding 20watt Powerfilm to power my Iridium Sat phone, it has a 12v cigarette lighter style receptacle which I plug a standard USB adapter in to charge the phone. There is no battery storage with this so decent sunlight is required, but I've been happy with it so far. In hindsight, I probably should have bought the roll-up model as it's completely water proof whereas the fold up model is not, I bought the folding model mainly due to its compactness.

I've also got the small 1.5 watt AA/USB charger folding panel, but can't really speak to it's effectiveness as I've not really used it much.

I've also got a larger setup with a battery bank that I put together to power my GPS repeater radio modem at work, and it works great. It can also be used for car camping to power low voltage led lights and USB chargers . It's two 7aH lead acid gel cells and a Morningstar Sun Saver SS-10L controller in a small 19" metal toolbox. I've taken two 25watt Coleman panels and mounted them together with a piano hinge, these plug into the controller. The nice thing about this setup is the battery bank which allows night time use. It's also scalable so I can add more batteries and more panels if and when needed.

5. Willow

Willow Member

I have (2) 5w powerfilms that I can daisy chain if needed. I also have a Duracell battery charger kit that I can use to charge batteries or as a power cell to charge USB devices.