Sig Sauer P365

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Delkancott, Jan 8, 2018.

1. ASH

ASH Member

They are made for real mean, that don't need a full grip to control a pistol. These aren't sniper rifles, but they work good inside a 7-11.

JV3, Black5 and The Marsh Gorilla like this.
  2. The Marsh Gorilla

The Marsh Gorilla Member

I wear XXL Mechanix gloves and shoot a G27 damn near more accurately than a G22. Surprised that heck out of me because I thought exactly the same as you did when I first handled one.

ManOfSteel and Zeek like this.
  3. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

LMFAO. I’m gonna avoid this because I’ll end up getting banned.

Strigidae and Black5 like this.
  4. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I didn’t shoot the baby Glock bad but it was neither comfortable or as secure as I’d like it to feel. To each their own but I would never carry something I couldn’t get 3 fingers on as a defensive weapon.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  5. .357 mag

.357 mag Member

G26 is a great sized gun. Easy to shoot all day.

The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.
  6. Black5

Black5 Member

Seriously, it's grip technique same as a full size. But I have delicate little artist hands, so it's much easier for me to grip a small handgun. As a matter of fact, I prefer a small, lightweight handgun to a full size, with the exception of the 1911 or hi-power.
    Even my M66 has thinned grips on it. For me, the middle finger of the shooting hand is the key. That is where the strength of my grip comes from. Combine that with the ring finger and thumb, the hold is pretty tight and stable.
    If someone wants to argue weapon retention, well, tney teach weapon retention on full size guns too. With a full size, you have more to grip, but so do they. With a compact, they have less to grip, so less leverage.
    But, to each their own. Dad had meathooks and preferred a Ruger Redhawk. I have difficulty comfortably gripping one. He could hardly find a smaller pistol that didn't bite the thumb web or split his hand when the slide cycled.
    Oh, and with grip technique....pinky under the grip. Helps control recoil. If I had the 32 with me I'd take a picture to illustrate.
    Ok..enough of my rattling. Im sure theres plenty of guys with more training than me to offer more valid opinions.:)

7. ASH

ASH Member

One place these small pistols really shine is with clothing or locations that you normally wouldn't carry in. They aren't easy to shoot accurately a longer distances. With pistols that weigh several times less that the trigger pull it is easy to pull off of the target. The smaller grip makes it even worse, but for self defense at close range that isn't very important.

8. .357 mag

.357 mag Member

I prefer a 15+1 gun any day of the week but sometimes I just cannot carry it. G43 in the pocket for those days. Saying that my 2.0 compact disappears under a tee shirt. Just got to have the right gear.

The Marsh Gorilla and ASH like this.