Sig P320

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Outlander, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Outlander

Outlander Member

Hey guys. Thinking about getting the P320 Compact. Anyone have personal experience with the gun, in any of the sizes?

Flex likes this.
  2. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

Yes. I'm a diehard GLOCK guy but recently bought a P320 compact and a subcompact conversion kit. Love them both. I have actually made the subcompact my new EDC.

Shoots great. Feels great. Runs great. Love everything about them.

Outlander likes this.
  3. Outlander

Outlander Member

Great. I have a Glock19 and from what I've heard/seen, the P320 compact is similar in size.

4. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

They are pretty close in size. The subcompact is not a whole lot smaller but the size difference is enough to make a difference to me for concealed carry. I am carrying the subcompact with a flush sc magazine with a compact magazine (with adapter sleeve) in a mag pouch. Perfect combo in my opinion.

5. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

I've been carrying a G34 since they were released and the subcompact slits the difference between the G34 and a G19.

6. Outlander

Outlander Member

Nice.

Thanks for the info.

7. Outlander

Outlander Member

I just revisited your pic in the EDC thread.

The P320 looks great and I see your extra mag too.

8. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

I've tried a ton of pistols over the years - Sigs, HKs, S&W M&Ps, etc. I am always chasing a trigger that feels more GLOCK like. There are always things I like better about non-GLOCK pistols but in the end what matters is reliability, accuracy, and trigger feel. To that end I always go back to GLOCK.

The P320 really changed the game. I feel Sig has flubbed up with their previous attempts at a striker fired, modular pistol but this one ..... it's a win. Once a few more big LE agencies get on board I feel GLOCK will lose some major market share to Sig.

The only real downside is magazine cost. It's tough to stomach paying $40 per magazine when you can get GLOCK mags for $20. I suppose for a LE agency there is a ton of cost switching to new holsters and other support gear. That will prevent some from changing over but these guns being so modular is the ticket. I prefer having a solid grip vs interchangeable backstraps like on Gen4 GLOCKs. Being able to change a non-serialized grip module from one size to another is awesome. You could also issue one serial number to an officer then he could change from one frame size to another based on assignment, etc. Guy is on patrol and issued a full sized frame but switches to an investigative job then downsizes frame to compact ... goes under goes to sub-compact ... all with less cost than a new gun and without getting into serial number tracking issues.

Flex and Outlander like this.
  9. Marty W

Marty W Member

Good info Volgrad. I'm planning on picking up the P320 Compact in October. I've had Sigs since the 90s and I can't wait to try this one out.

Flex and Outlander like this.
  10. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

I have actually figured out something I would like different about the P320 line. I have no idea why they made some subcompacts with rails and some without. They should all have rails in my opinion. If you don't want to hang a light off your gun then don't. Having them all standard would simplify holster compatibility. ON the same note - I don't understand why the trigger guard on the subcompacts are rounded and the compact and full size are squared off. This also screws you on holsters.

For GLOCKs I generally buy a G17 holster and can use it for G19s as well. This keeps me from buying duplicates of everything. When I had a G26 it also worked in all my G17 or G19 holsters. You can't do this with the P320s due to the differences in the trigger guards. This actually pisses me off really bad. The compact and the subcompact overall length isn't a HUGE difference so using a holster for a compact for the subcompact makes sense .... again to avoid duplicate purchases. Nope.

Marty W likes this.
  11. DYSPHORIC JOY

DYSPHORIC JOY Administrator Staff Member

You need to do 16 page post just on the pistols you have gone through over the years. Like the feedback.

Are you still doing any competitive shooting?

12. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

Ha. Maybe someday when I have time I will. I've got a long list. You should see the holster list. I'll post it sometime too.

I haven't shot a GLOCK match since our son (now 2.5yo) was born. I have only shot a couple of IDPA matches in that same time. Before he was born I shot 3-4 GLOCK matches per year and monthly IDPA matches plus the GA state championship. I hope to start back next year but only time will tell.

Delkancott likes this.
  13. BULLYBOY13

BULLYBOY13 Member

I'm a big glock fan as well just like VolGrad and I bought a sig p320 compact in 9mm and also bought a full size x-change kit in 9mm as well. they come stock with a medium size grip module and I bought a small size grip module for it and it feels better than the medium grip. the stock trigger is nice and I have seen some people like the apex flat trigger but I haven't got a chance to see how it would feel in my hands to spend the $40 for it. also grey guns has a new competition trigger that will be available for the public soon and is around 3lbs pull. I carry my glock 30sf and HK usp 45 compact for EDC and I'm thinking about getting the 45acp p320. the sig p320 is a great firearm and you can customized it in any way you choose to do so and it will perform out of the box with no upgrades at all.

Marty W and Outlander like this.
  14. Flex

Flex Moderator Staff Member

11265084_1747186912169926_1115733197_n (1).jpg
    Love this...

Bluelew and BULLYBOY13 like this.
  15. Marty W

Marty W Member

That 2 tone is sweet! Who did that grip? I'm considering the tan color. I showed one to my wife in tan, and she said at least it's not black like all the other pistols you have. Lol. I say that is a definite green light to pull the trigger!

16. Outlander

Outlander Member

Yes....very nice.

Stopped at LGS on Saturday to look at one and they were out. Said they have more coming in.

17. VolGrad

VolGrad Member

Took a shotgun course yesterday and passed my 320 for folks to try afterward. Think most were impressed.