Show off your vehicle

Discussion in 'Overlanding / Off-Road' started by Strigidae, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Moderator of the Century Staff Member

.....thanks very much mate...!!! I literally saw a post somewhere I made around 9yrs ago and it included a pic of a modified 76 Series like this one, I noted then that when I did finally get around to replacing my 80 Series this (the embedded pic) is what it would look like.....funnily enough it is almost how this truck looks now (once I add the steel side rails and sliders it will be almost identical). I have not re-mapped or tuned the engine (yet anyway ;) ), there ARE some great options for it out here as you know !!! The results are great and still within safe working limits for this engine, for my uses (other than satisfying my inner teenager) it performs more than well enough now though. It does however have a larger stainless exhaust system and I added a throttle controller that makes a HUGE difference to it driving !!!!!! I *may* pony up for the new management chip and tune one day...if that day comes it will be the Steinbauer ...

https://www.steinbauer.cc/au/products/passenger/toyota/land-cruiser-70/45l-td-151kw__3ge/9WF/

...I go for.

Bozho likes this.
  2. Bozho

Bozho Member

This chip looks neat! The one this guy used got him around 650 NM at the engine, he had a dyno test to prove it, as it sounds insane :eek: I suspect that the clutch, transmission and axles would not be too happy with 650 newtons slamming them. However going from 430 Nm to 516 Nm sounds much more reasonable as power figure, while keeping the rest stock.

3. Andy the Aussie

The stock clutch barely contains the engine as it leave the factory !! It i the weakest point in the design of the 70 Series I believe, gearbox and the rest of the drive train hold up well.....and yes, I have a heavy duty clutch already installed :D

Strigidae likes this.
  4. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

Cool, I didn't notice those at first glance

5. Andy the Aussie

the factory turn and reverse lights were all in the factory bar as well. It's only the stop lights up on the body and the new ones seem to work, I was looking at it the other night and notice how the wheel tends to glow red when the brakes are applied :D :D

Collected the spare rim and didn't get held as a sex slave (still have mixed feelings about missing out on that)....dropped the rim off to have a tyre spun onto it as well. That's tyres taken care of for a bit ... :D

Bozho, Strigidae and STPNWLF like this.
  6. Andy the Aussie

Gumtree rim with a new tyre spun on...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

......spent some time working on tidying up wiring and adding some waterproof plugs to things. Also receieved a set of custom canvas seat covers I had been waiting a month for (custom as they, at my request, mismatch a set for me, one for the factory passenger side and one for the new driver's seat. Passenger side is fine but the driver's side is a no go....about 10cm short at the back....:mad::mad:

C99c, DYSPHORIC JOY and Strigidae like this.