SCCY CPX-2-TTDE CPX2 10+1 9mm 3.1

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Drew RedBear, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I'm looking to buy an inexpensive hand gun soon and I've heard some good things about these, but wanted opinions from the guys in here before I pull the trigger on it (pun intended :D ). Do you like it? Love it? Hate it? I'm wanting something to carry for edc self protection. Pic is the one I'm looking at to get. Screenshot_20210314-102536.png

2. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Or I can get a taurus G2C for 299

3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I know nothing about them. My advice however would be do not buy a budget handgun that may be something you stake your life on. I would look to a used Glock 26/19 or similar sized S&w M&P. I have not heard much good about the Taurus.

Strigidae and Drew RedBear like this.
  4. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    IW17 and Drew RedBear like this.
  5. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I'd love to have my old S&W shield again but used prices here are outrageous. One I saw was also $500.. I paid 250 a couple years ago. As for the taurus G2C I heard pretty good things about it. And about the only new one locally at that price. I'll check out those links though, thank you. I also wouldn't mind another bersa thunder 380. But they're all sold out everywhere I look.

6. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

The kel tec link pulls up Smith and wesson lol. I'll Google it though. Again, thank you

RocketmanDane likes this.
  7. erik

erik Member

the SCCY I was gifted had such a bad trigger (long AND extra crunchy) I tried to give it back and the guy wouldn't take it, even with the offer of $$ to boot.
    so I sold it to someone else and picked up a G2C -- which isn't great, but it was surprisingly not bad -- especially as an EDC item.
    the Taurus is light, fairly compact, holds 12, and was reasonably accurate and easy to shoot.
    still not a "great" trigger -- but for its intended purpose, it's more than adequate.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  8. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Good to know on the SCCY, thank you. I watched a few videos about the G2C and don't seem too bad. I just want something to carry that if I had to use won't fail.

9. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

It should work now. That’s weird, I tried it and it did the S&W thing.. Just weird..

Either way, I’ve shot Keltecs 9mm and .380 in that similar style. One thing that I personally really liked and was a selling point from them. It has a LONG trigger pull on purpose. So even if you needed to pocket carry without a holster.. Theoretically it would be harder to accidentally pull the trigger due to the length of pull.. If that makes sense.

The .380 that I shot was only $400 out the door new with the added laser. But that was a few years ago.

The 9mm was around around $400 with laser- same time ago also thou..

The FM’s that had / still have them love them. They just carry larger framed pistols now.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  10. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

Sweet, thanks for your input and help.

11. ASH

ASH Member

I think that Sccy is a copy of the Kel Tech P11, I know Sccy was started by ex Kel Tech employees. I know they added a external safety that had problems, that was years ago though.

I have never handled a Sccy, but I do have a P11, the biggest problem other than possible feeding issues is the trigger. It's hammer fired double action only and makes for a long heavy trigger. It's also too thick for pocket carry, but the optional belt clip works well. Mine feeds reliably as long as you don't ride the slide when charging it or limp wrist it.

Drew RedBear likes this.
  12. Drew RedBear

Drew RedBear Member

I'll probably just spend the extra money and get the Smith and wesson then. I don't want any issues if I need to use it. Thanks for the info as well.

erik likes this.