Question about the Uintas & the Mirror Lake Highway?

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by Randyinseville, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Randyinseville

Randyinseville Member

I have an upcoming trip out west planned for the end of July. I'm going to have one day where I will be traveling from Evanston, Wy to Vernal, Ut. My plan is to take the Mirror lake highway (Ut 150) and I was wondering what stops, sights, or possible day hikes should I try not to pass up.

I've done a lot of internet recon but I figured I'd pose the question to those that live there or have been there before. It will be 3 of us to include my 10 year old boy. The wife and boy are kind of "meh" when it comes to hiking... so I'm thinking easy day hikes or sights that are not terribly far from the roadway. Thanks!

2. artigas

artigas Member

It's a nice area up there. Mirror Lake has several trail-heads starting at the campground. We parked in the little parking lot in the southeast corner of the campground, and took the trail that headed north towards Bonnie Lake. We camped pretty close to Bonnie Lake, so we didn't hike in very far.

We didn't do other hikes in the area, but there are lots of them. Bald Mountain would probably be more of a hike than you're looking for, but Mirror Lake is pretty relaxed.

Randyinseville likes this.
  3. Randyinseville

Randyinseville Member

Cool... thanks!

4. wilas101

wilas101 Member

I'm on the wrong side of WY to answer any of that but will am interested in finding new places to check out.