Pocket Fishing Tube

Discussion in 'DIY (Do It Yourself)' started by Bushman5, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

built this prototype up tonight, hopefully will be partnering with a person to build these out of solid aluminum stock........final product will be machined out of solid round stock.

1" aluminum tube, about 6" long, with a 1/2 end plug (cork & epoxy). filled with various sized hooks, flies, nymphs, and streamer flies, crimp on lead weights (sprayed with food grade silicone to prevent powdering) , hardware and 200 feet of 80lb braid fishing line. The idea is to carry this, and cut your own fishing pole and attach line and tackle to it. Or use as a handline. I did not include monofilament, because it takes a memory of what its wrapped on over time and it also degrades and gets weak. I wax the braided synthetic fishing line, it does not rot or breakdown or take a memory if its wrapped on something for a long time. In a survival situ you do not want to break out the fishing kit and have the line break due to storage age and breakdown of the composition of the line material.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the machined version will look much different...It will be pretty bad ass actually. :)

2. Theodore

Theodore Member

Add a couple of these to screw into the stick you are using as a pole and I'm in.

[​IMG]

Bushman5 likes this.
  3. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

tie a knot around a stick? :p:D:p:D:p

Theodore likes this.
  4. Theodore

Theodore Member

I use the trigger snare so my naps while fishing are completely uninterrupted:)
    I like the pocket fishing tube. I want one.

5. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

You can make these DIY versions easy....1" aluminum tube, and you need two french beers, the ones in the glass bottles with the corks.

drink the beers, cut the tubing, smooth the tubing, insert a cork with epoxy, cut it flush , fill it with gear, put two O rings on, wind your line, stick the other cork in (NO epoxy) , done.

the machined versions are gonna be a bit. They will look much different, the line will be recessed on the outside.

6. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

I'd make more of these DIY tubes, but each tube requires drinkin 2 X 2.6 liters of 9% Quebec beers........even I can't drink that much. (ok who am I kidding...:D)

koolaidnd and Theodore like this.