Offensive and Defensive Tools of the Adventure

Discussion in 'Survival and Wilderness Skills' started by DYSPHORIC JOY, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Sam

Sam Member

Love the revolver and knife. Great pic

Hammer likes this.
  2. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

as a result of the current man hunt in Canada, I decided to change up a few things for safety on my trips.

- Document........! every truck, car, person I see on the FSR's, when etc. Everything jotted down in a waterproof notebook. Information like that is invaluable (if anyone read The Jackal......one of the policemen in a tiny village remembered seeing a van, parked on certain street, on certain day. That info later expedited the capture of The Jackal. )

- be more observant than I already am.

- keep photos of suspects on the phone, for case file and ID use.

- expedite the Canada Firearms licence (might have to take the course again.)

- more range time with my hunting and target shooting friends - they often get to bring a guest for free and I'm more than happy to drop $200 on ammo for the day.

- run more with a loaded pack to keep in shape and build endurance, more than I already do.

Se7eN likes this.
  3. Se7eN

Se7eN Member

I can’t say exactly what my loadout is, but I tend to always be loaded for bear, everywhere I go.

Tonight, I went on an “adventure”. I was communicating with @Bushman5 every 30 minutes as I was in a potentially very dangerous situation.

All I can say is this.

Eat right, drink lots of water and train hard with weapons, tactics and wilderness living skills. The reason? Someone else, somewhere in the world, is training to kill you.

Situational awareness is key.

Stay frosty.

4. David Russo

David Russo Member

I carry the same pocket 9mm that I carry everywhere. The only other centefire pistol I own is a 9mm also,. So the hiking gun might as well be as handy as possible. Most of the time, I include the re-worked pocket 22.lr, mostly with CCI CB longs, so as to keep the noise to a minimum when I pop a bird, mud-turtle, frog, snake, etc I carry a modified Crunch mult-tool with some saw blades, to be held in the visegrip of the Crunch. Sometmes I'll add the E-tool, minus its handle. Depending upon what I need to do with the little shovel, I"ll make the appropriate handle for it.

5. Lostviking

Lostviking Member

6. HbDave

HbDave Member

A knife, in case of boars almost always have one in my profile pic, or one like him with me, amd sometimes a bow.
    One I’m my profile isn’t a weapon but definitely an early warning system, and is crazy for hogs.

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  7. Elishea Buckley

Elishea Buckley Member

Who's the Billy badass they're looking for in Canada? Didn't hear anything about it

8. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

.......it was 2 years ago now.... ;)

Elishea Buckley likes this.
  9. Elishea Buckley

Elishea Buckley Member

Haha. ****, didn't see that date lmfao. Did they at leat catch him?

Strigidae likes this.
  10. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

I believe the two individuals involved "self-resolved".

11. Lostviking

Lostviking Member

12. Skip808

Skip808 Member

wait, what? Tim Hortons are previously frozen????? A small part of me just died.

I’ll contribute some real content later but had to address this.

Bushman5 and Lostviking like this.
  13. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

I needed to create something.
    In the creeks, sloughs, and flooded river bottoms, I am down with some kayak fishing. But obstacles and hazards abound.
    Green springy limbs that will snag you and roll you into the water for a swim, friendly water moccasins that would like to get in the boat for a chat, all while you’re sitting almost flat on the surface of the water.
    The long lightweight whipping action of a machete is your salvation under these conditions. Make it accessible. And make it so if the unfortunate should happen, and you leave the boat, the ultimate survival knife goes with you.
    E9F063B6-67A9-4D01-8DA0-FE4FEB3CBC02.jpeg
    utilizing some scrap nylon, a propane torch, a nail, and some paracord. No sewing. No metal at all…

9FA55B67-664A-4A14-A496-B4EAABE0CEDE.jpeg
    This idea borrows from the Junglas sheath. One of the best oem factory set ups made imho.

304FAF83-9210-4AF6-A30A-47991A40A88F.jpeg
    This is longer, dropping the handle further below the belt line. The leg tie down is attached only at the forward or leading edge. This prevents the “board/splint” effect. The sheath will move with you rather than be an obstruction.

AC4FCC87-7DF1-47D4-A2DC-AFC38D71E4D2.jpeg
    You can kneel, squat, sit, even almost flat down like the kayak seat yet the sheath is not binding.

4904F417-A120-4A83-936E-970598BCA354.jpeg
    And by turning the blade over, edge forward, you can safely draw and resheath with the edge pointed away from you.
    Resheathing is really easy too. You simply set the point into the opening, and slide the blade in along the spine with no damage to the edge or the holster itself. Aka “samurai style”. :)

14. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

Weird double post flicker…

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    Bushman5 likes this.
  15. Sam

Sam Member

A
    A handgun can always be on your person. I hunt a great deal with rifles and shotguns. I carry a rifle in the woods a great deal there is no disputing the handyness of a sidearm

Jtallen83 likes this.