Need help finding a scope

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by SMD226, Sep 7, 2019.

1. SMD226

SMD226 Member

Hey everyone, it’s been awhile.
    I need some help finding a scope. I recently received a LRB M14 in a SAGE EBR chassis. I have a few different scope mounts coming that should work with the stock. But I’m looking for a scope, I plan to take this out to 1000 yards every once in awhile. Most shots would be 200-600 yards. I know this rifle isn’t going to be sub MOA hell I doubt the rifle is capable of getting to MOA with all the moving mechanical parts. So I want a scope that’s capable of reaching that far. I know next to nothing on long range shooting. Oh It is chambered in 7.62x51. I have a budget of somewhere around $1000 if needed but would like to keep it in the $4-600 range.
    Thank you

2. Kylemeister

Kylemeister Member

If you're not a zoom junkie, the SWFA has an SS-HD model that is a fixed 10x scope that is really sweet at $799.

hma153, SMD226, Zeek and 2 others like this.
  3. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

This above is pretty good advice. Fixed 10x on an M14 has worked and worked well many times over. You could also shop online for a used Leupold MkIV 10x, Leupold have excellent warranty and the MkIV is an excellent optic. I have a 6.5-20 on my SSG.

SMD226 likes this.
  4. Marty Reno

Marty Reno Member

SWFA like mentioned above is a great choice. They also make 1 that is 10X for $300. I think the one with parallax adjustment is $400. But great scopes for the price. They are on Amazon as well.

SMD226, Strigidae and hma153 like this.