Motorcycle thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dhunley1, Sep 20, 2016.

1. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

I would love to get a little Ruckus to cruise around town on but I cannot pass on the price of the one I’m looking at! I also hear you can get this one to be pretty dang quite if you really want to which would be awesome for getting around in noticed. Kinda planning a nice little survival bike/ small cargo bike. It honestly tops out around 45... BUT 45 is still a heck of a lot faster when trying to get around in a emergency even when running :)

JV3 likes this.
  2. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

It’s not a public lot yet. It’s only construction parking

IW17 likes this.
  3. Expat

Expat Expat™ Knives Staff Member

No. PA, WV, MD, VA backroads

JV3 likes this.
  4. RocketmanDane

RocketmanDane Member

Well the Kreigler I wanted fell thru... BUT I managed to pick up 2 Honda C70’s for under $200! Both in decent shape. I’m going to part out 1 to get one running good then do a complete strip and rebuild on the other one with all new parts for the ones I had to salvage for the 1st one.
    Don’t have any pics yet but here Is a stock advertisement photo.
    [​IMG]

Going to strip the broken plastic fairings off to look very similiar to below.
    [​IMG]

And already decided to pick up or make a similiar helmet :) If for no other reason then if will upset all the PC people I have to deal with on a far to regular basis :)
    [​IMG]

5. MKZ

MKZ Member

6. JV3

JV3 Member

another ride up the mountains of harriman state park.

[​IMG]

let's face it - we ride partly so we can eat! biscuits and sausage gravy from rhodes north tavern...i love that place.

[​IMG]

ManOfSteel, artigas, dhunley1 and 4 others like this.
  7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

8. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

Anyone have any experience with AGV helmets? I'm in need of a new helmet, but don't feel like spending the money on a Shoei right now. The AGV K3 SV has caught my eye. I really like the idea of the integrated sun shied and the reviews are pretty good.

9. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Go with the Shoei. There’s a reason we wore them racing. Invest in yourself! God forbid you were to go down, you wouldn’t be worried about the small amount of money the helmet cost you if it saved your life.

JV3, Trailmaster and dhunley1 like this.
  10. IW17

IW17 Member

Shoei, Arai, and Suomy are really the top three for good reason, Suomy has a small lead just due to how the testing is done. Bsa has stricter safety standards than dot. I don't honestly feel that they are better, but it's worth mentioning.

dhunley1 likes this.
  11. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

Thanks fellas. I'm glad you brought up the safety ratings. Just checked on the AGV and it's only DOT.

12. JV3

JV3 Member

or just ride like max wrist - balls out all the time...in a crash his body will be disintegrated that an intact head is the least of his concerns :p

whoops...meant to quote mos.

13. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

Lol. Hasn't max wrist crashed a couple times over the last few weeks? I saw one video where he crashed onto some Ferrari collectors property.

Edit: Just noticed max wrist wears an AGV. Hmmmm

JV3 likes this.
  14. JV3

JV3 Member

i’ve seen at least two crashes - one was a minor lowside on a left curve and that ferrari collector’s property...i wonder what his insurance rate is like! or maybe he just pays out of pocket or throws/sells the bikes away.

dhunley1 likes this.
  15. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

I'm sure his insurance rate is insane! Whatever it is, it's probably chump change for him.

JV3 likes this.
  16. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

Do your thing sir. Again, they force certain safety levels in racing for a reason. Same reason I don’t ride with an Icon anymore. I’d rather have more protection than a couple bucks in my pocket. I also don’t ride in shorts unless I’m going to be super close to home which means less than 30mph and generally I have leather on any time I’m going near a highway.

JV3 likes this.
  17. dhunley1

dhunley1 Member

I definitely want something SNELL approved, which my Icon is. The more expensive AGV helmets are, but not the one I was looking at. Thinking that I'll probably go with the Shoei RF-SR as it's only $400 and money is a bit tight right now.

ManOfSteel likes this.
  18. ManOfSteel

ManOfSteel Member

I spent less than $500 on my Shoei and it’s snell rated. Couldn’t find an icon that was when I was in the market

dhunley1 likes this.
  19. Expat

I have been using AGV for years. Like maybe 20 years. Last week I bought the Shoei Neotec 2.

I didn’t ride all out into a bridge pillar to test it out but the wearability and quietness is the best I’ve ever had.

I wore it for 10 hours today and it’s my favorite of all time.

Just did 1,300 miles in the last 4 days through Mid-Atlantic states. Beautiful weather.

ManOfSteel and dhunley1 like this.
  20. Expat

By the way, I believe it is good advice to never skimp on things that keep you off the ground: shoes, beds, ladders, tires, helmets. That kind of stuff. Skimp on the other things. Like food and clothes and of course knives.