Mill Creek Campout (summer '19)

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by artigas, Feb 12, 2020.

1. artigas

artigas Member

Two of my brothers and 2 bro-in-laws took advantage of a chance to camp together before one brother moved to California. We hiked just under 2 miles up Mill Creek in American Fork Canyon. We had a very wet and long winter/spring ('18-19), so there was good water flow in the creek. It even rained pretty hard for about 10 minutes during the hike in.

Once we setup camp, we started hiking up the trail towards Mill Canyon Peak, but knowing we wouldn't have the daylight to make it to the peak, we just bushwhacked our way to a closer peak that would provide some great views.

It was a good adventure through the shrubbery and up the side of the hill. There was plenty of sign of deer and moose, but the most we saw was a small heard of deer in a meadow quite a ways away. We saw two moose the previous winter while snowshoeing up that same canyon, but nothing this time around. They were up higher during the summer months.

When we got back to camp, we took a dip in the stream and ate some good food. I slept in my BA Copper Spur 2. I really like that tent. It's always fund to get out into the woods.

Tibble Fork Reservoir (start of trail)
    [​IMG]

Me and bro-in-law. The Hill People kit is always handy.
    [​IMG]

Neature
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just after the rain
    [​IMG]

We camped in the back right corner of this pic next to the stream
    [​IMG]

The setup. Hard to beat sleeping next to a gentle stream.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mount Timpanogos from trail toward Mill Canyon Peak
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me and my two brothers...I'm the runt
    [​IMG]

In the aspen groves
    [​IMG]

Nifty portrait mode
    [​IMG]

Ready to head home
    [​IMG]

2. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

Excellent photos sir!

3. Patrick Rollins

Patrick Rollins Lead Instructor Staff Member

I have a Copper Spur 2 that Jeff gave me a couple of years ago. I agree, it's a great tent.

Strigidae likes this.