Let’s see your Chest Rigs

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by mtngoat, Feb 16, 2018.

1. shaneadams90

shaneadams90 ESEE Knives Marketing Director Staff Member

Jeff Took this one while he was IN THE SKED...

DSC_5590.jpg

2. Byrdman

Byrdman Member

My last day in the field as an undergrad. Pretty bittersweet. But here is some unconventional usage of a kit bag, ye who are into game management take notes. Got my friend interested, especially when I told her about the SAR prototype as she works at the campus fire station.

Attached Files:

STPNWLF and Zeek like this.
  3. shaneadams90

Nice use @Byrdman .. I plan on converting my Heavy Recon to my Fly Fishing rig soon!....Tis the season!
    IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2501.jpg

STPNWLF, Byrdman and Zeek like this.
  4. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

^ that one of those silicone jelly nets? how you liking it?

Zeek and shaneadams90 like this.
  5. shaneadams90

I like it A LOT! it doesn't de-slime the fish and more importantly my flies and lures don't get hung up in it!! It is a MARKED improvement over the old braided nylon nets!

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    Bushman5 and Zeek like this.
  6. Byrdman

Byrdman Member

Over at the HPG forum one guy was talking about how he switches out rigs in his kit bag depending on the season. I'll take mine fishing and rambling Monday, but as my target is largemouth and catfish, with duck stuff on the side, won't be anything in the bag to write home about.

shaneadams90 likes this.
  7. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

image.jpeg

Question for you CP guys. Do you carry water onboard? I sure do want one of these HPG set ups, but I insist on having hydration....What are y'alls thoughts?

I got these Ribz packs a couple of years ago to have things "at the fingertips" while kayaking, the only thing I dislike is they don't carry a water bottle very well.

Attached Files:

Byrdman and Zeek like this.
  8. Byrdman

Byrdman Member

I’m thinking about purchasing a HPG “recon harness” to put on my kitbag, it can hold a 3L bladder and have some extra carrying capacity

anrkst6973 and shaneadams90 like this.
  9. 480 RUGER

480 RUGER Member

image.jpg That's exactly what I did with mine and attached my IFAK to it. Works awesome!!!

Byrdman, 5col, anrkst6973 and 2 others like this.
  10. anrkst6973

anrkst6973 Member

image.jpeg

@5col You're up man, tell me about a rig like this in coyote......largest front pouch available, maybe with that pals grid on it.

11. mtngoat

mtngoat Member

I second that @5col, is the back piece a Tara pack?

shaneadams90 and STPNWLF like this.
  12. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

This has my interest as well

shaneadams90 and mtngoat like this.
  13. shaneadams90

That is the Hill People Gear Recon Harness

This is a replacement back harness for those wanting to turn their Kit Bag into more of a stand alone load carriage option. It will go on any Kit Bag, and is *not* available as a substitution.

The Recon Harness has the following features:

• Contoured yoke design based on the Runner's Harness
    • 6/12 PALS fabric outer for mounting organizational pouches. 4 channels, 7 rows.
    • mesh sleeve inner for a water bladder or light layer - bladder area dimensions 8"x15"
    • water bladder hang loop on inner top.
    • tabs and bungy cord arrangement on outside for easily stowing light and bulky items
    This product works well for very light counterbalanced loads in conjunction with a Kit Bag. Be aware that if you are anticipating carrying any more than 5-7 lbs on back, you're much better off with a Tarahumara pack worn separately from your Kit Bag.

IMG_1513_1000.JPG

Pals grid on back.
    IMG_1535_1000.JPG

Hydration Sleeve
    IMG_1534_1000.JPG

STPNWLF and mtngoat like this.
  14. 5col

5col Moderator Staff Member

This pic looks like a Tarahumara with the Runner Harness instead of the regular Shoulder Harness. The Kit Bag on the front is a Runner Kit Bag. See how the Kit Bag is integral to the harness system? That's different than simply using the Lifter Straps included with every Kit Bag.

You can do a similar setup with any of their Kit Bags and their regular shoulder harness as well, but the Kit Bag won't be integrated into the harness in the way it was with the Runner Harness. Sad to say that the Runner Harness is now discontinued. I am just trying a setup as I type this wearing both the Kit Bag with H-Harness and the Tarahumara with regular Harness, ataching the Kit Bag to the Tara with the Lifter Straps. Need to take it for a hike and do some adjusting, but I think it's an amazing combination.

Good news is that as of this morning, we have Coyote Tarahumaras and Coyote Heavy Recon Kit Bags in stock and ready for immediate shipping. We also have Recon Harnesses, if you want less backpack than a Tara but more carry capability than a Kit Bag on its own.

15. Stewart

Stewart Member

Recieved my Recon kitbag today, it holds my binocs and range finder perfectly in the front pocket. Theres plenty of room for a knife, Fire kit and ammo aswell. Very happy with the quality and it will be perfect for my needs.
    20180508_181028.jpg

Strigidae, shaneadams90, Zeek and 3 others like this.
  16. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

I see the Tarahumaras is designed to carry 2 GI style canteens, are the pockets big enough to hold them with GI canteen cups?

shaneadams90 and Zeek like this.
  17. koolaidnd

koolaidnd Member

I don’t think the canteen cups will fit.

shaneadams90 likes this.
  18. Bushman5

Bushman5 Member

Any of you fly fishing guys interested in an insert for the heavy recon? Im working on prototype right now. 1st very rough prototype is in the hands of a non forum member fishing friend who has a heavy recon kit bag.

Once i tweak it some more to my liking, ill be looking for backers / mfg's or selling the design outright

:)

19. shaneadams90

Interested for sure....I really like the idea of the H. Recon kitting out for fishing.

Bushman5 and mtngoat like this.
  20. 5col

5col Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to say a canteen cup will not fit. With a totally empty pack, I was able to jam it in about as far as you can see in the pic below. Also pictured is a GI style canteen in that pocket. If the pack is pretty full, it becomes difficult to fit canteens and water bottles in those side pockets. I 100% prefer carrying a hydration reservoir in the Tarahumara, and there's a good inside back sleeve that's perfect for it.

IMG_1514.JPG IMG_1515.JPG