Junglas vs junglas2

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Black5, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Black5

Black5 Member

Do, I'm looking at a junglas 2, and I'm wondering how you guys like them compared to a junglas now that they've had some miles on them.

I've beat the snot out of an older junglas this summer, and have no intention of getting rid of it. Too many uses I've found.
    B
    do you find the 2 to be comparable, within reason, for light chopping such as de-limbing, and clearing vines and brush, or is it closer in performance to a 6?

Right now I'm carrying the Junglas on my Umlindi for camping and travel in place of a hatchet because I've found I use the Junglas more often due to its versatility.

Jtallen83 likes this.
  2. Trailmaster

Trailmaster Member

Personally I don’t think you loose a lot in regards to chopping with the 2. Definitely out chops a 6 I think. Plus it’s very nimble in the hand with smaller tasks, but not as good as a 6 obviously. I love mine and use it a lot for the things you described.

Black5 likes this.
  3. Jacob Peterson

Jacob Peterson Member

When it comes to finger diameter limbs and vines you dont lose a whole lot going to the j2, but if you need to do anything heavier, the difference is HUGE.

I think i might take them both to the table of destruction this weekend. The difference is bigger than people realize.

Garrett83, Josh and Black5 like this.
  4. Strigidae

Strigidae Administrator Staff Member

I like the weight and feel of the J2 over the J1. I like the length of the J1 for using it like a fro for splitting wood around the farm. I rarely chop but the edge goes to the J1 to that in my mind with the weight more far forward. Im no knife physiscist like expat but i do know what i like.

Black5 likes this.
  5. Black5

Black5 Member

I think y'all have solved my dilemma. I don't have a lot of issue with the J1 length, and for what I've been doing I need that extra chop power since I'm using it to replace a small hatchet.

Kind of amazing how much a couple inches can change performance, but I guess if you look at overall percentage of length lost it becomes understandable.

Jacob Peterson likes this.
  6. Josh

Josh Member

Killer! The table of doom!!

7. IW17

IW17 Member

:D

Zeek and Black5 like this.
  8. Black5

Black5 Member

:rolleyes:

Ok...that was unintentional.:confused: