Junglas-II video by an idiot.

Discussion in 'ESEE® Knives and Gear' started by Twiztedthoughtz, Sep 27, 2017.

1. NT Tristan

NT Tristan Member

You take a knife, (with a bevel ground in it so it performs well as a knife), then jam the tip in a tree and continually bend it back and forth, of course it is going to break! With a big knie like a junglas or junglas II, with that amount of leverage it will put huge stress on the tip. No knife would be expected to survive that, no matter how good the heat treat. Unless the tip was ground like a crowbar, but then its performance as a knife would suck!

2. Moonpie

Moonpie Member

He says "That tip just snapped right off." No way! Just snapped right off? No freaking way! He wasn't doing ANYTHING to damage that knife... This dude is a complete moron.

3. C99c

C99c Member

Have to start somewhere. He's still got plenty of time to be a super ninja army sniper, get his own reality show, cut himself and "fix it" with gunpowder on tv and become a survival/bushcraft industry celebrity.

4. Jim

Jim Member

This "ultimate" survivalist mainly has three years of lackluster videos of which 60% are terrible and unrealistic knife reviews.

5. junglebum

junglebum Member

Touché good sir Touché

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  6. Bluelew

Bluelew Member

7. Bluelew

Bluelew Member

I'm gonna buy one

Zeek and STPNWLF like this.
  8. Nether

Nether Member

There are way too many so called "survivalists" "bushcrafters" and "gear reviewers" on YT. Many of these people are clueless or don't do their research before they review a knife/item. I refuse to watch them. Not worth a 5 second commercial these idjits.

9. Nether

Nether Member

By the way, I love how it's common to review a knife by seeing if you can break it, then if it breaks it's not a good knife. Isn't that the same as testing a car by repeatedly driving into a wall, to see how much it can take before it starts to fall apart ? :rolleyes:

10. Nether

Nether Member

Somewhat OT Rant:

Why do people (on YT specifically) always think a survival situation calls for grossly abusing their most important tool ? Makes absolutely no sense to me. How simple minded, unimaginative and uncreative can you be ?

Example: Survival Lilly tested a Falkniven knife by using a ROCK as a baton. She smashed the living crap out of that knife and then said it's not a good survival knife. No, the knife was fine ( even tho I am not a fan of VG10 on a fixed blade), she was the one who failed.
    Yet most, if not all of her followers think she knows what the hell she is doing. Just makes me shake my head. I wonder how many of these genius people, if ever caught in a real emergency survival situation think, "Ok, first thing I have do is smash this sharpened blade thingy with a rock, then I will be ok because my youtube followers will find me" :rolleyes:

You really can't blame nature for wanting to kill these people :)

11. hike500

hike500 Member

So Twiztedthoughtz are you going to try and return the knife?? I am curious?

12. STPNWLF

STPNWLF Member

The truly sad part about it is he didn't even do a throwing test before snapping the point:rolleyes: what kinda Mall Ninjaho Utuber Tacticular Surval Bumcrafter Xbert post's a video of an ESEE knife without showing how well it throws:eek:

13. Nether

Nether Member

I'm actually surprised the tip bent in the first place, let alone broke. I've seen some strong abuse with ESEE knives before. And AverageIowaGuy said he beat the **** out of his ESEE 3. He was impressed how something that thin held up to his abuse he did to it. I'm paraphrasing, of course. It was awhile ago.

Edit: I would also have kept that knife if I had broke the tip. I'd have it professionally reground back to a user.

The Marsh Gorilla and Zeitgeist like this.
  14. IW17

IW17 Member

Agreed. A perfect opportunity to grind in a deep clip point, then sell it to @Bushman5

The Marsh Gorilla, Zeitgeist and Zeek like this.
  15. Twiztedthoughtz

Twiztedthoughtz Member

Not my video. I wouldn't do that to a knife.

The Marsh Gorilla and Zeek like this.
  16. hike500

hike500 Member

That explains it brother, I was just curious if they were going to replace it. It was a stupid waste of money anyway. I am sure Mike would have replaced it because they are great guys but think about all the people on here who would love to have a knife like that and can't afford it. I guess I just don't get it. Whoever shot the video should feel foolish.

17. animalinstinct

animalinstinct Member

If I were in a legitimate survival scenario, the LAST thing I'm gonna do is abuse one of my most valuable (if not MOST valuable) tools i.e. Yeah my 6 will baton wood, but I think I may make a wooden wedge to split wood when possible to minimize strain on my only blade, since my very existence is on the line and all...

18. Nether

Nether Member

Precisely.

19. Jeff Randall

Jeff Randall ESEE Knives / Randall's Adventure & Training Staff Member

We replace blades because of dumbasses like this all the time. And, I agree, there are a LOT of people that would enjoy a knife like that and simply cannot afford it, so it pisses me off even more when some stupid dumbass intentionally abuses one because they know they can get another one. What we ought to do is change the warranty to state that we will indeed replace every broken knife, but any knife that a dumbass intentionally breaks will have the replacement go to someone who actually knows how to use a knife.

20. Twiztedthoughtz

Twiztedthoughtz Member

Well said and a fantastic idea!!! I'm fortunate to own a Junglas-II and several other ESEE knives that I use and love. I do not abuse my knives and maintain them whether it be a light coat of mineral oil or maintaining the edge. I posted this video to show the people that shouldn't own a knife let alone an ESEE knife. People that intentionally break their ESEE knives are abusing the warranty and Jeff and Mike's kindness. Their warranty doesn't have to be what it is. He did this because he knew that they would cover it and replace the blade which in my opinion makes this person a scumbag.