Jack Reacher Style Trip

Discussion in 'Adventure, Hiking, Backpacking and Travel' started by Bruno_GO, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Bruno_GO

Bruno_GO Member

I intend to take a trip THE JACK REACHER STYLE, I repeat, I will not try to BE A JACK REACHER, I will take a trip THE JACK REACHER STYLE and that will be limited to simply traveling with THE MINIMUM POSSIBLE and this trip will be by bus. Therefore, it is obvious that I would not be able to travel with just the clothes on my back, an ATM card, a toothbrush and an ID.

What I ask you is, what suggestions for items to take on a trip like this do you have?

Mainly, do you have any suggestions for a good and cheap backpack where these items fit? (15 liters are enough I think).

As a rule, I will cherish cheap and easily replaceable items, perhaps the exception is the flashlight and the phone which are not cheap.

The trip will take approximately 30 days in a warm climate and I will be staying in cheap hotels, that is, without the cold and so far, I plan on taking:

1)Clothes (in addition to the clothes I will wear - T-shirt, pants, comfortable boots, belt, underwear and socks):

a) 2 extra pieces of underwear;
    b) 2 extra pairs of socks;
    c) 1 shirt;
    d) 1 extra t-shirt;
    e) 1 extra pants;
    f) 1 pair of slippers;
    g) 1 shorts.

2) Hygiene and Medics:

a) Toothbrush;
    b) Dental Floss;
    c) A small tube of Toothpaste;
    d) 2-3 bars of little Hotel/Motel soap;
    e) Eye Drops (I take them because I am very allergic to my eyes);
    f) A single blister of Ibuprofen (with 3 pills);
    g) A blister of fexofenadine;
    h) 5oz Philips Milk of Magnesia (I used for deodorant AND digestion problems);
    i) Small nail clippers;
    j) 5-6 band-aids;
    k) Small plastic comb.

3) Other stuff:

a) Handkerchief;
    b) Casio DW5600
    c) Surefire Titan Plus + 3 extra AAA batteries;
    d) SAK Super Tinker;
    e) Bic lighter in a kydex holster;
    f) Bic Pen;
    h) Wallet with cards and money;
    i) Phone and charger;
    j) Sunglasses (RayBan Justin);
    k) Small headphones (wired, cheap);
    l) Gerber Mullet (Bic lighter, SAK and flashlight will be hanged on it).

Adventurer, Delkancott and Twoody88 like this.
  2. Skip808

Skip808 Member

Never did it that strict but I did do Europe with a backpack and a small North Face Base Camp Duffel. What I used for clothes was everything quick dry. Pants are Columbia hiking pants. Real thin material. So it dries fast. Same with shirts. Dry fit and similar. Socks and underwear were thin. Like dress socks. Reason being is I took the clothes detergent strips for hiking. 3 pants shirts underwear and socks. When two are dirty wash them in the hotel sink and hang to dry in the tub. By the end of the day they should be dry. These are what I used this last trip and worked great 4ED442A7-9321-493B-AF57-B99F3530E74C.png

Twoody88 and Bruno_GO like this.