It's just not the wildlife here....

Discussion in 'Wilderness and Tactical Healthcare Management' started by Andy the Aussie, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

.....that is venomous...but also the plants...!!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09...-similar-cone-snail-venom-queensland/12669088

One of the places I hunt (is not in the tropics) still has remnants of ancient jungle, half acre areas of it that are a throw back 100,000 years..... it is totally incongruent with the surrounding areas. when I was in my late teens I was hunting up high and following some hogs down and they cut through a patch. I remember reaching out to move some overhanging foliage and bang....my left hand and forearm were on fire...!! It was how I discovered the jungle remnants also contained some of the tropical stinging trees...!! Growing up where I did I knew nothing of these and as my arm continued to burn and bright red welts appeared I actually snapped a pic of it in case it killed me and they were trying to figure out what happened (hey I was 18 at best :D :D ). I felt like crap but still had a couple of hours to walk back to the hut. The worst of it subsided by that night but for a week it was tingling !!!

I still have the pic (on film) somewhere, I need to find lots of those old images.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Datilite, JV3, BigJake and 1 other person like this.
  2. DiscoveryLover

DiscoveryLover Member

Austria is one crazy place. I don't remember it being too wild when I visited there, but that was years ago.
    At least I got to drive on part of the Autobahn while I was there.

Datilite and BigJake like this.