Hollow Handle Survival Knife Durability

Discussion in 'Knives, Gear, Guns And Other Tools' started by Sam Wilson, May 24, 2020.

1. Sam Wilson

Sam Wilson Member

The other evening I was in the shop and decided to manhandle this knife just for kicks and curiosity, and to illustrate why I'm not concerned with well made HH knives exploding into multiple pieces while being used as knives.:confused:o_O:rolleyes:

This wasn't very scientific, but I believe it gets the point across, and is consistent with my experiences over the years. This particular knife is several years old, and has endured abuses that are too explicit for the internet. I believe I drew the spine back somewhere along the way, but that is essentially unimportant as this was to primarily test the strength of the mechanical joint.

On my knives for customers, they are mechanically joined, and the epoxy is added to seal the handle and add some strength. This knife has no epoxy, just the mechanical joint.

So without further ado, here are the pics, and comments/thoughts/questions are welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sam

2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Administrator of the Century Staff Member

Damn !!!!!!!!!!

The Marsh Gorilla and Sam Wilson like this.
  3. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member

Very nice. Bend it back, send it to me and I’ll manhandle it for further research and development;)

4. Sam Wilson

Sam Wilson Member

I don't know if I could part with this guy, we've been through so much together, lol.:D:confused:

The Marsh Gorilla likes this.
  5. OutdoorsFamilyMan

OutdoorsFamilyMan Member